* Re: bug#5154: 23.1.50; mml-attach-file: say how to attach several files
       [not found] ` <hflsmo$m1b$1@ger.gmane.org>
@ 2009-12-09  9:09   ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2009-12-09  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Rodgers; +Cc: 5154, ding

On Tue, Dec 08 2009, Kevin Rodgers wrote:

> jidanni@jidanni.org wrote:
>> Both (info "(message) MIME") and the docstring of:
>> C-c C-a runs the command mml-attach-file,
>> should mention how to attach several files all at once.
>
> Why?  It clearly attaches a single file.

I tend to agree that (info "(message) MIME") should tell it.  This
node is the relevant one when doing an index search for "attach" in
the message manual.

,----[ (info "(gnus)Other modes") ]
| `C-c C-m C-a'
|      Send dired's marked files as an attachment (`gnus-dired-attach').
|      You will be prompted for a message buffer.
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: bug#5154: 23.1.50; mml-attach-file: say how to attach several files
@ 2009-12-15  6:26     ` jidanni
From: jidanni @ 2009-12-15  6:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kevin.d.rodgers; +Cc: 5154, ding

RS> ,----[ (info "(gnus)Other modes") ]
RS> | `C-c C-m C-a'
RS> |      Send dired's marked files as an attachment (`gnus-dired-attach').
RS> |      You will be prompted for a message buffer.
That requires a change to one's .emacs file.
I wish one could just do 0 w in dired to snarf the full filenames, and
then some command in the message-buffer to tell them to message-mode.

* Re: bug#5154: 23.1.50; mml-attach-file: say how to attach several files
@ 2010-01-05 19:45       ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2010-01-05 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 14:26:28 +0800 jidanni@jidanni.org wrote:

RS> ,----[ (info "(gnus)Other modes") ]
RS> | `C-c C-m C-a'
RS> |      Send dired's marked files as an attachment (`gnus-dired-attach').
RS> |      You will be prompted for a message buffer.
j> That requires a change to one's .emacs file.

Why, to load gnus-dired?  I haven't experienced your scenario.

j> I wish one could just do 0 w in dired to snarf the full filenames, and
j> then some command in the message-buffer to tell them to message-mode.

Something like message-dired?  It certainly seems, reading gnus-dired,
that most of it is not Gnus-specific.  CC to emacs-devel for any
opinions.

Ted

* Re: bug#5154: 23.1.50; mml-attach-file: say how to attach several files
@ 2010-01-06 20:29         ` Juri Linkov
From: Juri Linkov @ 2010-01-06 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ted Zlatanov; +Cc: 5154, ding, emacs-devel

> RS> ,----[ (info "(gnus)Other modes") ]
> RS> | `C-c C-m C-a'
> RS> |      Send dired's marked files as an attachment (`gnus-dired-attach').
> RS> |      You will be prompted for a message buffer.
> j> That requires a change to one's .emacs file.
>
> Why, to load gnus-dired?  I haven't experienced your scenario.

Not only to load gnus-dired, but also to call `turn-on-gnus-dired-mode'
on a Dired buffer to enable `C-c C-m C-a'.  This is too inconvenient.

> j> I wish one could just do 0 w in dired to snarf the full filenames, and
> j> then some command in the message-buffer to tell them to message-mode.
>
> Something like message-dired?  It certainly seems, reading gnus-dired,
> that most of it is not Gnus-specific.

If you want to create a new command `message-dired', then please also
implement a better UI, e.g. `C-c C-m C-a' in the Message buffer could
pop-up a Dired buffer where after marking files you could type `C-c C-c'
to close it and add marked files as attachments to the current Message
buffer.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/