* Agent, active file mirrored from server after issuing M-g command
@ 2001-01-08 18:12 Rade Markovic
From: Rade Markovic @ 2001-01-08 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

[an old persisting problem]

Hi,

Some time ago I described an annoying problem concerning Group
buffer's `M-g' command. I got the standard answer from Lars (Yup. Fix
in Gnus v5.8.4). The problem still persists, though.

If I haven't issued gnus-agent-expire command lately, it is obvious
that I've got more articles on my local harddisk (in a particular
newsgroup) than the number of articles for that newsgroup left on
server.

But, this local surplus of articles becomes meaningless to me if I
issue `M-g' command while being plugged. Then, a particular line for a
particular group in my ~/News/agent/nntp/news.tel.hr/agent.lib/active
is immediately mirrored from server. Gnus unplugged is then blind to
see old articles that I (not server) possess.

For example,

comp.emacs.xemacs 34551 34152 y

becomes

comp.emacs.xemacs 34575 34404 y

Interestingly, `g' command doesn't change active file in such an
undesirable way, i.e. the above line should be:

comp.emacs.xemacs 34575 34152 y.

TIA

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-01-08 18:12 UTC | newest]