* Autentication problem with Gmail
@ 2019-01-26 11:59 Angel de Vicente
From: Angel de Vicente @ 2019-01-26 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

my gnus configuration for outgoing mail has been the same for years:

,----
|  '(smtpmail-default-smtp-server "smtp.gmail.com")
|  '(smtpmail-smtp-server "smtp.gmail.com")
|  '(smtpmail-smtp-service 587)
|  '(smtpmail-stream-type (quote starttls))
|  '(user-full-name "Angel de Vicente")
|  '(user-mail-address "angelv@iac.es"))
`----

and everything seemed fine until now, but this week I received various
warning messages for messages sent. I think each of these messages was
sent to various recipients, and some of them with gmail address (which I
think is the one raising the issue).

The warning received says:

,----
|    ----- Transcript of session follows -----
|    ... while talking to gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com.:
|    >>> DATA
|    <<< 421-4.7.0 This message does not have authentication information
|    or fails to pass
|    <<< 421-4.7.0 authentication checks. To best protect our users from
|    spam, the
|    <<< 421-4.7.0 message has been blocked. Please visit
|    <<< 421-4.7.0
|    https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126#authentication for more
|    <<< 421 4.7.0 information. u13si72914624wrs.240 - gsmtp
|    ... while talking to alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com.:
`----

I visited the suggested webpage, but there are a number of possible
different steps to make, and not sure which one would deal with my
situation.

Has anyone seen this type of messages before and has some guidance on
what should I do?

Many thanks,
--
Ángel de Vicente
http://angel-de-vicente.blogspot.com/

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-01-26 11:59 UTC | newest]