* Dovecot 2.2 in Hg now supports NOTIFY
@ 2012-08-15 18:53 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2012-08-15 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

See:
<1344861658.13571.10.camel@hurina>
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.mail.imap.dovecot/66663

Quote:
 "v2.2 hg now has support for NOTIFY extension. The only thing missing
  is support for SubscriptionChange events. Now would be a good time for
  IMAP clients to start implementing and testing it. :) I remember K9
  developers at least said they were just waiting for Dovecot to support
  it first.

  v2.2 implements some other extensions also: BINARY, CATENATE and MOVE.
  Stephan has also implemented URLAUTH pretty far. Hopefully it gets
  finished in time for v2.2.0. I'll also try to implement the rest of
  the LEMONADE extensions: CONVERT, CONTEXT=SORT and URLAUTH=BINARY."

Wasn't something said earlier about implementing support for NOTIFY in
nnimap?  Are any of the other extensions of interest? (I have no good
idea of what they do, myself...).

* Re: Dovecot 2.2 in Hg now supports NOTIFY
@ 2012-09-04 22:05 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-09-04 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:

>  "v2.2 hg now has support for NOTIFY extension. The only thing missing
>   is support for SubscriptionChange events. Now would be a good time for
>   IMAP clients to start implementing and testing it. :)

Nice.  NOTIFY seems like the feature we've been waiting for.  It'll
basically give us async updates on all mailboxes we're interested in.
So it's like IDLE on steroids.

I haven't actually looked at the technical bits in the spec, but I'm
assuming they will be sane.  :-)

  http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no  *  Sent from my Emacs

* Re: Dovecot 2.2 in Hg now supports NOTIFY
@ 2012-12-23  1:29   ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2012-12-23  1:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Wed, 05 Sep 2012 00:05:59 +0200 Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:

LI> Nice.  NOTIFY seems like the feature we've been waiting for.  It'll
LI> basically give us async updates on all mailboxes we're interested in.
LI> So it's like IDLE on steroids.

LI> I haven't actually looked at the technical bits in the spec, but I'm
LI> assuming they will be sane.  :-)

If gnus-sync uses an IMAP backend, as I plan, NOTIFY will be especially
nice!  We'll be able to tell when the flags have changed and re-read
them.  So I'd be excited to see support for it.

Ted

* Re: Dovecot 2.2 in Hg now supports NOTIFY
@ 2012-12-24 20:15     ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-12-24 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> If gnus-sync uses an IMAP backend, as I plan, NOTIFY will be especially
> nice!  We'll be able to tell when the flags have changed and re-read
> them.  So I'd be excited to see support for it.

Yes, that's true.  Even nicer.  :-)

I'll have to install Dovecot 2.2 somewhere and play with it...

  http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no  *  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen