* Using aliases on Gnus.
@ 2000-07-17 16:28 Jorge Godoy
From: Jorge Godoy @ 2000-07-17 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

How can I make gnus use some aliases? For instance I'd like to have an
alias "directors" where I can put all directors plus some other people
without having to create a mailing list (it's for my use only) or
without having to put each address on the message (I may forget
someone).

I don't know it it matters, but I'm using bbdb with Gnus.

Thanks,
--
Godoy. <godoy@conectiva.com>

Departamento de Publicações       Conectiva S.A.
Publishing Department             Conectiva Inc.

* Re: Using aliases on Gnus.
@ 2000-07-17 16:34 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2000-07-17 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jorge Godoy <godoy@conectiva.com> writes:

> Hi!
>

> How can I make gnus use some aliases? For instance I'd like to have an
> alias "directors" where I can put all directors plus some other people
> without having to create a mailing list (it's for my use only) or
> without having to put each address on the message (I may forget
> someone).
>
> I don't know it it matters, but I'm using bbdb with Gnus.

It matters.  I use

    (add-hook 'message-setup-hook 'bbdb-define-all-aliases)

For details, read the document of bbdb-define-all-aliases.

ShengHuo

* Re: Using aliases on Gnus.
@ 2000-07-17 17:04 ` Andreas Fuchs
From: Andreas Fuchs @ 2000-07-17 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Today, Jorge Godoy <godoy@conectiva.com> wrote:

> Hi!
> How can I make gnus use some aliases? For instance I'd like to have an
> alias "directors" where I can put all directors plus some other people
> without having to create a mailing list (it's for my use only) or
> without having to put each address on the message (I may forget
> someone).

The following functions might be of interest to you:

bbdb-company, bbdb-notes
bbdb-apply-next-command-to-all-records
bbdb-send-mail
bbdb-search

I have found that the company field works amazingly well for this
sort of thing. If you have people who can be members of >1 group, I
recommend the use of a notes field.

> Thanks,

HTH.

regards,
--
Andreas Stefan Fuchs                             in Real Life aka
asf@acm.org, asfuchs@gmx.at, asf@ycom.at         in NNTP and SMTP,

* Re: Using aliases on Gnus.
@ 2000-07-17 17:17   ` Andreas Fuchs
From: Andreas Fuchs @ 2000-07-17 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Today, ShengHuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> wrote:
> It matters.  I use
>     (add-hook 'message-setup-hook 'bbdb-define-all-aliases)

Hm. This is even easier than the approach I just posted. Good thing
that I haven't defined too many mail-aliases yet, so migration was
easy.

Thank you (-:

> ShengHuo

regards,