* mm
@ 1998-10-13  2:09 Michael Harnois
From: Michael Harnois @ 1998-10-13  2:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Why is the *mm* buffer which is displaying an article sent as a MIME
attachment editable? Couldn't it act like an article buffer instead?

--
Michael D. Harnois, Redeemer Lutheran Church, Washburn, IA
mharnois@willinet.net                      aa0bt@aa0bt.ampr.org

* Re: mm
@ 1998-10-17 19:32 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-10-17 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael Harnois <mharnois@willinet.net> writes:

> Why is the *mm* buffer which is displaying an article sent as a MIME
> attachment editable? Couldn't it act like an article buffer instead?

Well -- the *mm* buffer is just a fundamental-mode buffer used to
put things before they are run through whatever function they are
supposed to be treated with.  The contents are, in general, not actual
articles, so I think article-mode keys would be inappropriate.

When do you get this buffer, though?

* Re: mm
@ 1998-10-18 15:47   ` Hrvoje Niksic
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 1998-10-18 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

> When do you get this buffer, though?

For me, the mm buffer shows up whenever I click on a, say,
application/octet-stream MIME part.

--
Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> | Student at FER Zagreb, Croatia
--------------------------------+--------------------------------

* Re: mm
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-10-18 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> writes:

> > When do you get this buffer, though?
>
> For me, the mm buffer shows up whenever I click on a, say,
> application/octet-stream MIME part.

When I do that, I'm asked whether to save the part.  (And the buffer
is displayed, but that's fixed now.)

* Re: mm
@ 1998-10-19  9:08   ` Jan Vroonhof
From: Jan Vroonhof @ 1998-10-19  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > Why is the *mm* buffer which is displaying an article sent as a MIME
> > attachment editable? Couldn't it act like an article buffer instead?
>
> Well -- the *mm* buffer is just a fundamental-mode buffer used to
> put things before they are run through whatever function they are
> supposed to be treated with.  The contents are, in general, not actual
> articles, so I think article-mode keys would be inappropriate.

I think he is talking about MIME pars with a "message/rfc-822" (or
something like that) similar (These are produced using MIME style
forwarding). These should get the fullblown GNUS treatment, similar to
what we do now for old style forwarded articles and digets.

Jan

* Re: mm
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-10-19 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jan Vroonhof <vroonhof@math.ethz.ch> writes:

> I think he is talking about MIME pars with a "message/rfc-822" (or
> something like that) similar (These are produced using MIME style
> forwarding). These should get the fullblown GNUS treatment,

That happens when I view these parts -- I get a Gnus article buffer
called "*mm*".

* Re: mm
@ 1998-10-20  7:37       ` Jan Vroonhof
From: Jan Vroonhof @ 1998-10-20  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

> That happens when I view these parts -- I get a Gnus article buffer
> called "*mm*".

Hmm.. It sure didn't do that here. I'll try again with 0.35

Jan