* Immediate ham processing
@ 2017-03-21 10:54 Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2017-03-21 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I'm looking for a better way to handle false positives in spam
detection. Right now I have it set up so that when an article is wrongly
detected as spam, I can mark it as ham and have it moved to
gnus-ham-process-destinations. But usually, when I notice this false
positive, I already know where I want to move it. It would make sense to
have a function accessible in the summary to have the spam processor
(bogofilter in my case) invoked on the article at point without waiting
to exit the group. I tried spam-split but apparently it can't be invoked
interactively from the summary. How should I go about that ?

Julien.

* Re: Immediate ham processing
@ 2017-03-21 15:39 ` Teemu Likonen
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Teemu Likonen @ 2017-03-21 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Cubizolles; +Cc: ding

Julien Cubizolles [2017-03-21 11:54:24+01] wrote:

> It would make sense to have a function accessible in the summary to
> have the spam processor (bogofilter in my case) invoked on the article
> at point without waiting to exit the group. I tried spam-split but
> apparently it can't be invoked interactively from the summary. How
> should I go about that ?

My gnus-bogofilter package has functions bogofilter-register-ham (and
-spam) which you may find useful. I use package instead of Gnus's own
spam package.

https://github.com/tlikonen/gnus-bogofilter

--
/// Teemu Likonen   - .-..   <https://keybase.io/tlikonen> //
// PGP: 4E10 55DC 84E9 DFF6 13D7 8557 719D 69D3 2453 9450 ///

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Immediate ham processing
@ 2017-04-04 16:50   ` Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2017-04-04 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Teemu Likonen; +Cc: ding

Teemu Likonen <tlikonen@iki.fi> writes:

> Julien Cubizolles [2017-03-21 11:54:24+01] wrote:
>
>> It would make sense to have a function accessible in the summary to
>> have the spam processor (bogofilter in my case) invoked on the article
>> at point without waiting to exit the group. I tried spam-split but
>> apparently it can't be invoked interactively from the summary. How
>> should I go about that ?
>
> My gnus-bogofilter package has functions bogofilter-register-ham (and
> -spam) which you may find useful. I use package instead of Gnus's own
> spam package.
>
> https://github.com/tlikonen/gnus-bogofilter

Very useful thanks. I'm now using both: the gnus spam package for
spam autodetection/moving... and your package for the false positives.

@ 2017-04-05  8:53   ` Saša Janiška
From: Saša Janiška @ 2017-04-05  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Teemu Likonen <tlikonen@iki.fi> writes:

> My gnus-bogofilter package has functions bogofilter-register-ham (and
> -spam) which you may find useful. I use package instead of Gnus's own
> spam package.

Could it be that your package has problem when one uses Gnus registry?

Now I have the following setup (with multiple IMAP accounts):

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '(
          (nnimap "gour"
                  (nnimap-address "mail.server.address")
                  (nnimap-server-port 993)
                  (nnimap-stream ssl)
                  (nnimap-authinfo-file "~/.authinfo.gpg")
                  (nnimap-inbox ("INBOX" "spam"))
                  (nnimap-split-methods 'nnimap-split-fancy)
                  (nnimap-split-fancy
                   (|
                    (: gnus-registry-split-fancy-with-parent)
                    ("List-Id" ".*<swisseph.yahoogroups.com" "lists.sweph")
                    (: bogofilter-split "spam" "unsure" "INBOX")
                    nil)))

but I still occasionally - not always, see that messages are split into
'bogus' mail group?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
One who sees inaction in action, and action in inaction,
is intelligent among men, and he is in the transcendental position,

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Immediate ham processing
@ 2017-04-06 14:31     ` Saša Janiška
From: Saša Janiška @ 2017-04-06 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:

> Very useful thanks. I'm now using both: the gnus spam package for
> spam autodetection/moving... and your package for the false positives.

Thank you for the tip. ;)

After experiencing problems (bogus groups) with gnus-bogofilter, I also
did revert back to spam package, while gnus-bogofilter is now used along
with it for training purposes of false positives/negatives.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
The humble sages, by virtue of true knowledge, see with equal
vision a learned and gentle brāhmana, a cow, an elephant, a dog

* Re: Immediate ham processing
@ 2017-08-03 19:58   ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2017-08-03 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 17:39:08 +0200 Teemu Likonen <tlikonen@iki.fi> wrote:

TL> My gnus-bogofilter package has functions bogofilter-register-ham (and
TL> -spam) which you may find useful. I use package instead of Gnus's own
TL> spam package.

TL> https://github.com/tlikonen/gnus-bogofilter

Can they be added to spam.el?

Ted