* problem with nnimap-split-methods
@ 2010-12-19 19:30 Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2010-12-19 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello,

I hope somebody can please point out either what I am doing wrong or
where I am misunderstanding things.  I am setting nnimap-split-methods
and, according to the documentation, this should follow the syntax for
nnmail-split-methods.  All of my specific splits are being obeyed so I
seem to have most things set up okay.  However, the last entry in my
list of splitting methods is:

(setq nnimap-split-methods (
   ("general" "")
))

which, from the documentation, leads me to believe that all remaining
unsplit messages should end up in an imap mailbox called "general".
This doesn't happen: they all remain in the main inbox.  Why is this?

A second point: if I change the regex to be ".*", *all* my emails end up
there regardless of whether they were sent to another group or not.  The
documentation is unclear about whether a message can be split to
different mailboxes if it matches more than one entry in the list of
methods.  Can somebody clarify for me which view is correct?

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 23.2.1 + No Gnus v0.11

* Re: problem with nnimap-split-methods
@ 2010-12-20 17:09 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-12-20 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> A second point: if I change the regex to be ".*", *all* my emails end up
> there regardless of whether they were sent to another group or not.  The
> documentation is unclear about whether a message can be split to
> different mailboxes if it matches more than one entry in the list of
> methods.  Can somebody clarify for me which view is correct?

See `nnmail-crosspost'.

* Re: problem with nnimap-split-methods
@ 2010-12-22  9:23   ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2010-12-22  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:
>
>> A second point: if I change the regex to be ".*", *all* my emails end up
>> there regardless of whether they were sent to another group or not.  The
>> documentation is unclear about whether a message can be split to
>> different mailboxes if it matches more than one entry in the list of
>> methods.  Can somebody clarify for me which view is correct?
>
> See `nnmail-crosspost'.

Thanks!

--
Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D)