* IMAP shutdown glitch upon quitting gnus
@ 2003-06-09 22:46 D. Michael McFarland
From: D. Michael McFarland @ 2003-06-09 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

With a little help from this list, I'm now getting along well with my
IMAP server via nnimap.  It's great to be able to read mail from other
clients when necessary, but I'd hate to have to split it using
anything but gnus.  My only remaining problem, mostly cosmetic, occurs
upon quitting gnus and produces this message:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Selecting deleted buffer")
  imap-arrival-filter(#<process imap<1>> "* BYE Courier-IMAP server shutting down\r\n78 OK LOGOUT completed\r\n")

I surmise that nnimap doesn't expect this response and has killed the
buffer it would have gone to, but it's not at all clear to me how to
suppress the message from the server.  Can someone suggest how I might
avoid this, or tell me what specific information would be most useful
in debugging?

I know one should never quit gnus, but it seems it should be possible
to do so cleanly for the odd hardware upgrade or new kernel. :-)

Thanks for your help.

Michael

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-06-09 22:46 UTC | newest]