* don't hide old messages in certain groups
@ 1999-12-09 16:44 Matt McClure
From: Matt McClure @ 1999-12-09 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there a group parameter or a variable I can set so that certain
groups will show all messages, including old ones, _by_default_?  I
would like to be able to hit RET, not C-u RET.

--
Matt
http://www.faradic.net/~mmcclure/

* Re: don't hide old messages in certain groups
@ 1999-12-09 16:50 ` Shaun Lipscombe
From: Shaun Lipscombe @ 1999-12-09 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

* "Matt" == Matt McClure <matthew.mcclure.es.99@aya.yale.edu> writes:

 Matt> Is there a group parameter or a variable I can set so that
 Matt> certain groups will show all messages, including old ones,
 Matt> _by_default_?  I would like to be able to hit RET, not C-u RET.

Yes.  `G p'  then ((display . All))

HTH,

Shaun

--
          (o_
(o_  (o_  //\

* Re: don't hide old messages in certain groups
@ 1999-12-09 16:53 ` Hrvoje Niksic
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 1999-12-09 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Matt McClure <matthew.mcclure.es.99@aya.yale.edu> writes:

> Is there a group parameter or a variable I can set so that certain
> groups will show all messages, including old ones, _by_default_?

Yes.  Use the `display' parameter.  For example:

    ((display . all))

* Re: don't hide old messages in certain groups
@ 1999-12-09 17:04   ` Matt McClure
From: Matt McClure @ 1999-12-09 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu Dec 09 1999, 11:50, Shaun Lipscombe
<shaun.lipscombe@gasops.co.uk> wrote:

> * "Matt" == Matt McClure <matthew.mcclure.es.99@aya.yale.edu> writes:
>
>  Matt> Is there a group parameter or a variable I can set so that
>  Matt> certain groups will show all messages, including old ones,
>  Matt> _by_default_?  I would like to be able to hit RET, not C-u RET.
>
> Yes.  `G p'  then ((display . All))

Thanks.  "all" works; "All" does not.

--

@ 1999-12-09 17:13     ` Shaun Lipscombe
From: Shaun Lipscombe @ 1999-12-09 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

* "Matt" == Matt McClure <matthew.mcclure.es.99@aya.yale.edu> writes:

 Matt> On Thu Dec 09 1999, 11:50, Shaun Lipscombe
 Matt> <shaun.lipscombe@gasops.co.uk> wrote:

 >> * "Matt" == Matt McClure <matthew.mcclure.es.99@aya.yale.edu>
 >> writes:

 Matt> Is there a group parameter or a variable I can set so that
 Matt> certain groups will show all messages, including old ones,
 Matt> _by_default_?  I would like to be able to hit RET, not C-u RET.
 >>  Yes.  `G p' then ((display . All))

 Matt> Thanks.  "all" works; "All" does not.

I have auto-capilisation active in text modes, so I did type all but
it [auto-capitalisation mode] thought it knew better, my bad... Sorry

:)

Regards,

Shaun