* Reading Hrvoje makes me fade away ..
@ 2000-01-12 20:16 Joerg Keith
From: Joerg Keith @ 2000-01-12 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

A couple of days ago I switched to Gnus 5.8.2. When I try to read or
reply to any message send by Hrvoje Xemacs/Gnus crashes. It simply
fades away. There is the "Pterodyctyl is a dog" - thread started by
Michael Sperber: Xemacs/Gnus crashes with every single message by
Hrvoje. The last time it happenend I captured some lines:

  # (unwind-protect ...)
  # bind (display e b type name handle buffer-read-only handles)
  # (unwind-protect ...)
  # bind (save-selected-window-window)
  # (unwind-protect ...)
  # bind (ihandles)
  gnus-display-mime()
  # bind (gnus-article-buffer buffer-read-only)
  gnus-article-prepare-display()
  # (unwind-protect ...)
  # bind (result group gnus-tmp-internal-hook summary-buffer gnus-article)
  # (unwind-protect ...)
  # bind (header all-headers article)
  gnus-article-prepare(182 nil)
  # bind (all-header article)
  gnus-summary-display-article(182)
  # bind (article article-window endp circular lines)
  gnus-summary-next-page(nil t)
  # bind (e)
  gnus-mouse-pick-article(#<buttondown-event button2>)
  # bind (command-debug-status)
  call-interactively(gnus-mouse-pick-article)
  # (condition-case ... . error)
  # (catch top-level ...)

joerg
--
clueless in Hannover

* Re: Reading Hrvoje makes me fade away ..
@ 2000-01-15 21:19 ` Joerg Keith
From: Joerg Keith @ 2000-01-15 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Joerg Keith <joerg_keith@gmx.net> writes:

> A couple of days ago I switched to Gnus 5.8.2. When I try to read or
> reply to any message send by Hrvoje Xemacs/Gnus crashes. It simply
> fades away. There is the "Pterodyctyl is a dog" - thread started by
> Michael Sperber: Xemacs/Gnus crashes with every single message by
> Hrvoje. The last time it happenend I captured some lines:

As suggested I installed a newer Xemacs. The problem no longer exist´s
- whatever it was.

joerg

* Re: Reading Hrvoje makes me fade away ..
@ 2000-01-15 23:23   ` Hrvoje Niksic
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 2000-01-15 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Joerg Keith <joerg_keith@gmx.net> writes:

> Joerg Keith <joerg_keith@gmx.net> writes:
>
> > A couple of days ago I switched to Gnus 5.8.2. When I try to read or
> > reply to any message send by Hrvoje Xemacs/Gnus crashes. It simply
> > fades away. There is the "Pterodyctyl is a dog" - thread started by
> > Michael Sperber: Xemacs/Gnus crashes with every single message by
> > Hrvoje. The last time it happenend I captured some lines:
>
> As suggested I installed a newer Xemacs.

Although I like no longer being the cause of XEmacs death, what you
say is bad news -- XEmacs 21.2 is the unstable version, and might have
other bugs lurking.  21.2 is supposed to be used by the general
population.