* Specify charset for outgoing message?
@ 2001-10-26  6:31 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-10-26  6:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is it possible to specify the charset to use for an outgoing message?
Imagine that I write a Latin-1 message but I want to send it out as
UTF-8.

Maybe <#part type="text/plain" charset=utf-8> does the trick?  But
maybe that creates a multipart/mixed message with one part?  I
wouldn't want that.

kai
--
Lisp is kinda like tpircstsoP

* Re: Specify charset for outgoing message?
@ 2001-10-26  7:32 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2001-10-26  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, Kai Großjohann wrote:

> Is it possible to specify the charset to use for an outgoing message?
> Imagine that I write a Latin-1 message but I want to send it out as
> UTF-8.
>
> Maybe <#part type="text/plain" charset=utf-8> does the trick?

Yup.

> But maybe that creates a multipart/mixed message with one part?  I
> wouldn't want that.

Nope.  There is always an implicit <#part type=text/plain...> unless you
do something special.

You can use the `charset' group parameter property as well.