* banner within w3m rendered part?
@ 2002-02-26  7:28 Jinhyok Heo
From: Jinhyok Heo @ 2002-02-26  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Can I remove a banner within w3m rendered part?

If possible, I want to block banners with banner group parameter.

--
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------
| "We are still reaching for the sky. In the developed countries people
|  are coming back down, saying, `It's empty up there.'" --- a Ladakhi monk

* Re: banner within w3m rendered part?
@ 2002-02-26  8:37 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2002-02-26  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

> Can I remove a banner within w3m rendered part?
> If possible, I want to block banners with banner group parameter.

`W W B' should work for it.  If you want to do it automatically,
push "text/html" into `gnus-article-treat-types' as follows:

(eval-after-load "gnus-art"
  '(setq gnus-article-treat-types
	 (cons "text/html" gnus-article-treat-types)))

I'm not sure whether it is free from side effects.
--
Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>

From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2002-02-26  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2002-02-27  0:33   ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2002-02-27  0:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> Can I remove a banner within w3m rendered part?
>> If possible, I want to block banners with banner group parameter.

> `W W B' should work for it.  If you want to do it automatically,
> push "text/html" into `gnus-article-treat-types' as follows:

> (eval-after-load "gnus-art"
>   '(setq gnus-article-treat-types
> 	 (cons "text/html" gnus-article-treat-types)))

> I'm not sure whether it is free from side effects.

And you can use something like the following for certain treatment
options without modifying `gnus-article-treat-types'.

(setq gnus-treat-strip-banner '(or t (typep "text/html")))

From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2002-02-27  0:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2002-02-27  2:12     ` Jinhyok Heo
From: Jinhyok Heo @ 2002-02-27  2:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

    >  (eval-after-load "gnus-art"
    >    '(setq gnus-article-treat-types
    >  	 (cons "text/html" gnus-article-treat-types)))

    KY> (setq gnus-treat-strip-banner '(or t (typep "text/html")))

Both of them works great!
Thanks.

From: Jinhyok Heo @ 2002-02-27  2:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

From: Jinhyok Heo @ 2002-02-26  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)