* Gnus tutorial
@ 2002-12-06 20:35 Jeffery B. Rancier
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Jeffery B. Rancier @ 2002-12-06 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

I don't really want to clutter the group with silly newbie questions,
so I'm asking if someone can point me to a tutorial for Gnus, and
setting up Gnus to read mail as well.  I read a good portion of the
info files, but find it more of a reference, than anything, especially
for those who have developed the right jargon.

TIA,
Jeff

* Re: Gnus tutorial
@ 2002-12-06 21:05 ` Ted Stern
From: Ted Stern @ 2002-12-06 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Jeffery B. Rancier

On 06 Dec 2002, Jeffery B. Rancier wrote:
> I don't really want to clutter the group with silly newbie questions,
> so I'm asking if someone can point me to a tutorial for Gnus, and
> setting up Gnus to read mail as well.  I read a good portion of the
> info files, but find it more of a reference, than anything, especially
> for those who have developed the right jargon.
>
> TIA,
> Jeff

I'm sure others will pop in with their own suggestions, but this is an
interesting page I ran into yesterday.  I successfully used its suggestion on
how to view application/msword attachments inline using antiword.

  http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/html/howtos/howto-adopt-gnus.html

Ted
--
 Ted Stern                           Engineering Applications
 Cray Inc.                                http://www.cray.com

* Re: Gnus tutorial
@ 2002-12-07  0:37 ` Alex Schroeder
From: Alex Schroeder @ 2002-12-07  0:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

jeff.rancier@softechnics.com (Jeffery B. Rancier) writes:

> I don't really want to clutter the group with silly newbie questions,
> so I'm asking if someone can point me to a tutorial for Gnus, and
> setting up Gnus to read mail as well.  I read a good portion of the
> info files, but find it more of a reference, than anything, especially
> for those who have developed the right jargon.

I recommend http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?CategoryGnus.
This is the place where the #emacs people place their stuff.  :)

Perhaps a good start for the total newbies:
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?GettingMail

Alex.

* Re: Gnus tutorial
@ 2002-12-07  9:42 ` frank paulsen