* Xemacs (Mule) and GNU Emacs, problem with drafts and encoding.
@ 2015-05-27 12:51 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2015-05-27 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding; +Cc: XEmacs Beta Discussion

Hello

I use gnus with both Emacsen. However the drafts which are saved are not
compatible with each other.

According to the documentation"

,----

| `message-draft-coding-system' is a variable declared in Lisp.
|   -- loaded from "message"
|
| Value: escape-quoted
|
| Documentation:
| *Coding system to compose mail.
| If you'd like to make it possible to share draft files between XEmacs
| and Emacs, you may use `iso-2022-7bit' for this value at your own risk.
| Note that the coding-system `iso-2022-7bit' isn't suitable to all data.
`----

I tried  that but this coding setting but alas it does not make the
drafts compatible.

Why does Xemacs not support the utf-8 coding for drafts, although in
general it does support this format?

regards

Uwe Brauer