* mm-get-part: Wrong type argument
@ 2013-09-19 21:20 jidanni
From: jidanni @ 2013-09-19 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I put the cursor on the *

1.  ( ) text/plain          (*) multipart/related

and hit o and give a filename, but get

mm-get-part: Wrong type argument: bufferp, #("multipart/related" 0 17
(boundary "----=_NextPart_000_DO_PHP523b081e98655" buffer #<buffer
*mm*-882208> from "noreply@couchsurfing.org" start nil))

gnus-version "Gnus v5.13"

* Re: mm-get-part: Wrong type argument
@ 2013-09-20  0:39 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2013-09-20  0:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

jidanni@jidanni.org wrote:
> I put the cursor on the *

> 1.  ( ) text/plain          (*) multipart/related

> and hit o and give a filename, but get

> mm-get-part: Wrong type argument: bufferp, #("multipart/related" 0 17
> (boundary "----=_NextPart_000_DO_PHP523b081e98655" buffer #<buffer
*mm*-882208> from "noreply@couchsurfing.org" start nil))

> gnus-version "Gnus v5.13"

This is one of many possible MIME structures that Gnus doesn't
support (yet?).  I have no idea about decoding and displaying
parts[1] contained in the alternative multipart/related part in
question.  But you can try `C-d' on the summary line, and you
will be able to see and save parts one by one.

[1] There may be two or more parts.
    Here is a MML example (you can paste it to a message body):
<#multipart type=alternative>
<#part type="text/plain" disposition=inline>
foo
<#/part>
<#multipart type=related>
<#part type="text/plain">
bar
<#/part>
<#part type="text/plain">
baz
<#/part>
<#/multipart>
<#/multipart>

* Re: mm-get-part: Wrong type argument
@ 2014-01-30  0:47   ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2014-01-30  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Katsumi Yamaoka; +Cc: ding

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

>> 1.  ( ) text/plain          (*) multipart/related

[...]

> This is one of many possible MIME structures that Gnus doesn't
> support (yet?).  I have no idea about decoding and displaying
> parts[1] contained in the alternative multipart/related part in
> question.

Well, Gnus displays multipart/related fine if the first part of the
related is an HTML part.  And I don't think I've actually seen any other
use for multipart/related in the wild...