* The little yellow envelope on the status bar with nnimap
@ 1999-12-13  7:41 David Maslen
From: David Maslen @ 1999-12-13  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Can someone give me a hint as to what makes the little yellow envelope
symbol on the XEmacs status line light up?

I'd like to make it work with nnimap which may not be possible, but I
can't even find the variable or function that makes it work with the
more standard backends?!

* Re: The little yellow envelope on the status bar with nnimap
@ 1999-12-13 10:00 ` Jan Vroonhof
From: Jan Vroonhof @ 1999-12-13 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Maslen <david.maslen@iname.com> writes:

> Can someone give me a hint as to what makes the little yellow envelope
> symbol on the XEmacs status line light up?

display-time-mail-* from time.el

Jan

* Re: The little yellow envelope on the status bar with nnimap
@ 1999-12-14  7:15   ` David Maslen
From: David Maslen @ 1999-12-14  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Jan Vroonhof <vroonhof@math.ethz.ch> writes:
> David Maslen <david.maslen@iname.com> writes:
> > Can someone give me a hint as to what makes the little yellow envelope
> > symbol on the XEmacs status line light up?
> display-time-mail-* from time.el

Thank you for that. Unfortunately it didn't get me anywhere. There
isn't much point checking if a file exists under nnimap, as it
probably does regardless of whether you have any new messages.

Anybody have a solution for checking if you have new messages in lisp?
I can do it with a wmmail applet, but would like and emacs solution.

* Re: The little yellow envelope on the status bar with nnimap
@ 1999-12-14 10:02     ` Jan Vroonhof
From: Jan Vroonhof @ 1999-12-14 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Maslen <david.maslen@iname.com> writes:

> > display-time-mail-* from time.el
>
> Thank you for that. Unfortunately it didn't get me anywhere. There
> isn't much point checking if a file exists under nnimap, as it
> probably does regardless of whether you have any new messages.

It is missing the proper hooks, however as this free software this can
be fixed

Rewrite the above code to call a members of say
'new-mail-check-functions' using run-hook-with-args-until-success.
Wrap the old check code in a

(defun new-mail-in-spool-file-p ()
)

and stick that in the hook. This should mostly a cut and paste job.

Submit that patch. Then go off and write new-mail-in-imap-p..

Jan