* RE: Gnus 5.6.7-9
@ 1998-05-10 20:07 Brian Gorka
From: Brian Gorka @ 1998-05-10 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

The first 20.2 (not the 20.3 pre release you are running)

From: Norman Walsh @ 1998-05-09 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

/ Justin Sheehy <justin@linus.mitre.org> was heard to say:
| Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:
|
| > When I try Gnus 5.6.{7,8,9}, it consistently hangs on nnml
| > folders.  It never finishes building the summary.
|
| (setq debug-on-quit 't)
|
| Then try to enter such a group.  When it hangs, press C-g.
|
| Mail the backtrace either to this list or to Lars at gnus-bug.

I tried to do that, but C-g doesn't interrupt whatever's hanging.
Killing emacs is the only way to proceed.

--norm

* Re: Gnus 5.6.7-9
@ 1998-05-09 13:35 ` Norman Walsh
From: Norman Walsh @ 1998-05-09 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

/ gorkab@sanchez.com (Brian Gorka) was heard to say:
| I've reported it to Lars on 5.6.{6.7.8.9), I'm back on 5.6.5 (the last
| working version for me)
|
| Are you using NT Emacs by chance?

Yes.  19.34.6.

--norm

* Re: Gnus 5.6.7-9
@ 1998-05-09  4:31 ` Matt Armstrong
From: Matt Armstrong @ 1998-05-09  4:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
matta

* RE: Gnus 5.6.7-9
@ 1998-05-08 21:29 Brian Gorka
From: Brian Gorka @ 1998-05-08 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1998-05-08 20:25 Brian Gorka
From: Brian Gorka @ 1998-05-08 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

From: Graham Murray @ 1998-05-08 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <4190-Fri08May1998115502-0400-ndw@nwalsh.com>, Norman Walsh
<ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:

> When I try Gnus 5.6.{7,8,9}, it consistently hangs on nnml
> folders.  It never finishes building the summary.
>
> I'm guessing it must just be me (and I haven't had time to try
> to debug it, I've just been sticking with 5.6.4, the last
> version I d/l before 5.6.7) since surely others would have
> noticed.

I too have seen this behaviour and reported it via the gnus bug
mechanism. I noticed it on going from 5.6.5 to 5.6.6. After some
investigation, I reverted part of the patch in nnheader.el. I don't
know if my changes have any other implications, so I will wait to see
if Lars incorporates my fix in a future version.

* Re: Gnus 5.6.7-9
@ 1998-05-08 18:11 ` Justin Sheehy
From: Justin Sheehy @ 1998-05-08 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:

> When I try Gnus 5.6.{7,8,9}, it consistently hangs on nnml
> folders.  It never finishes building the summary.

(setq debug-on-quit 't)

Then try to enter such a group.  When it hangs, press C-g.

Mail the backtrace either to this list or to Lars at gnus-bug.

-Justin

* Gnus 5.6.7-9
@ 1998-05-08 15:55 Norman Walsh