* automatically splitting incoming digests
@ 1997-03-25 16:52 Dewey M. Sasser
From: Dewey M. Sasser @ 1997-03-25 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've written some stuff to automatically split incoming digest
messages (only the ones you specify, of course) so that they can be
handled as individual messages by the normal nnmail-split-method.

(This allows me to save individual messages and score/thread without
having to respool each digest individually.)

Is there general interest in this feature?  Should I make up an
addition patch for Lars to put into GNUS?  Or is the response
"intelligent people use C-d to read digests.  Forget it." :)

Dewey

PS -- feel free to send to me individually and I'll post a summary to
the list.  That way we don't all pollute the list.

PPS -- a subject of "digest-split: yes" or "digest-split: no" would
be helpful if your answers are that clear cut.

--
Dewey M. Sasser 			voice: (617) 494-6000
dewey@newvision.com                     PGP Key from public servers

* Re: automatically splitting incoming digests
@ 1997-03-30  8:48 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-03-30  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Dewey M. Sasser" <dewey@newvision.com> writes:

> I've written some stuff to automatically split incoming digest
> messages (only the ones you specify, of course) so that they can be
> handled as individual messages by the normal nnmail-split-method.
>
> (This allows me to save individual messages and score/thread without
> having to respool each digest individually.)
>
> Is there general interest in this feature?  Should I make up an
> addition patch for Lars to put into GNUS?  Or is the response
> "intelligent people use C-d to read digests.  Forget it." :)

I think it sounds interesting.  Could you make up a patch and mail it
to me?