* unavailable foreign server
@ 2001-11-07 22:44 NAGY Andras
From: NAGY Andras @ 2001-11-07 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a foreign nntp server and have several groups subscribed that
come from this server.  The server is also in
gnus-secondary-select-methods.  Now, when this server is unavailable
upon Gnus startup, Gnus still tries to open it (that's normal:-), and
when I interrupt this, with C-g (I don't want to wait for a timeout),
it prints a `failed' message for a short time, and then tries to open
it again, seemingly for all the subscribed groups.  How do I disable
this behaviour and make Gnus to deny a server once interrupted while
opening it?

Starting gnus with gnus-no-server is not an option, as I want to read
groups on other foreign servers.

Andras

* Re: unavailable foreign server
@ 2001-12-29 21:34 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2001-12-29 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

NAGY Andras <nagya@inf.elte.hu> writes:

> I have a foreign nntp server and have several groups subscribed that
> come from this server.  The server is also in
> gnus-secondary-select-methods.  Now, when this server is unavailable
> upon Gnus startup, Gnus still tries to open it (that's normal:-), and
> when I interrupt this, with C-g (I don't want to wait for a timeout),
> it prints a `failed' message for a short time, and then tries to open
> it again, seemingly for all the subscribed groups.

Yup.  Fix in Oort Gnus v0.04 (i. e., CVS).