* gnus-agent-synchronize-flags bug?
@ 2011-03-31 13:24 Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-03-31 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nognus

,----
| gnus-agent-synchronize-flags is a variable defined in `gnus-agent.el'.
| Its value is ask
|
| Documentation:
| Indicate if flags are synchronized when you plug in.
| If this is `ask' the hook will query the user.
`----

When I plug in using Jj I am getting no prompt to sync the flags. git
HEAD as of a day or two ago.

Could something else be the cause?

* Re: gnus-agent-synchronize-flags bug?
@ 2011-03-31 13:42 ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-03-31 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nognus

Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:

> ,----
> | gnus-agent-synchronize-flags is a variable defined in `gnus-agent.el'.
> | Its value is ask
> |
> | Documentation:
> | Indicate if flags are synchronized when you plug in.
> | If this is `ask' the hook will query the user.
> `----
>
> When I plug in using Jj I am getting no prompt to sync the flags. git
> HEAD as of a day or two ago.
>
> Could something else be the cause?

OK, it's a doc issue aligned with impatient user issue... It does it on
a per server level only when you fetch (g) when plugged from particular
servers. I jumped the gun.. or gnus.. Its not when you plug in Gnus
per-se but when you connect that server.

As a side note, I cleaned out the agent dirs, purged my .newsrc.eld,
resubscribed to 3 INBOXs on 3 different imap servers (settings below)
and tried again with the agent and, well, the numbers are all over the
place with 2 of the 3 groups seemingly sharing the same numbers after a
plug in/out and read/plugin/sync/restart combo. I suspect but cant
possibly know that somewhere the agent code isnt using the "pseudo"
server name to uniquely address the agent cache. Where "pseudo" name
here is the riley, shamrockpub and friends component of the following
select methods.

,----
|    (add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
|                 '(nnimap "riley"
|                          (nnir-search-engine imap)
|                          (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
|                          ))
|    (add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
|                 '(nnimap "shamrockpub"
|                          (nnir-search-engine imap)
|                          (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
|                          ))
|
|    (add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
|                 '(nnimap "friends"
|                          (nnir-search-engine imap)
|                          (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
|                          ))
`----

and matches, for auth, lines of the following form in my .authinfo.gpg

machine friends login feinds2001 password **
machine riley login rileyrg password **
machine shamrockpub login shamrockirishbar password **

regards

r.