* current cvs version is badly BROKEN
@ 2000-05-03 14:55 Vladimir Volovich
From: Vladimir Volovich @ 2000-05-03 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

with current cvs version any attempt to send a message with 8-bit
cyrillic text leads to sending it in internal mule encoding instead of
mime encoding (mime headers are okay).

previewing (plain and raw) does not show a problem. The following is a
line with cyrillic text:

▄©▄Ю▄ч▄я▄п ▄ъ▄у▄Ю▄п.

Best,
v.

* Re: current cvs version is badly BROKEN
@ 2000-05-04 21:24         ` Shenghuo ZHU
From: Shenghuo ZHU @ 2000-05-04 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

VV> "ZSH" == Shenghuo ZHU writes:
ZSH> I can not reproduce the bug.  Did you use unplugged mode to send
ZSH> the mail?

VV> no, i used exactly the same ~/.emacs file as i've sent to you in
VV> previous mail. my gessages are sent via smtp server (see
VV> custom-set-variables in that file).

ZSH> Anyway, you can trace message-encode-message-body to see what
ZSH> happens in the buffer " message temp". The body is supposed to
ZSH> be encoded as 8-bit text.

VV> i'll try tomorrow...

Fixed. Note that you need recompile message.el too.

--
Shenghuo

* Re: current cvs version is badly BROKEN
@ 2000-05-04 21:04         ` Shenghuo ZHU
From: Shenghuo ZHU @ 2000-05-04 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

VV> "ZSH" == Shenghuo ZHU writes:
ZSH> I can not reproduce the bug.  Did you use unplugged mode to send
ZSH> the mail?

VV> no, i used exactly the same ~/.emacs file as i've sent to you in
VV> previous mail. my gessages are sent via smtp server (see
VV> custom-set-variables in that file).

ZSH> Anyway, you can trace message-encode-message-body to see what
ZSH> happens in the buffer " message temp". The body is supposed to
ZSH> be encoded as 8-bit text.

VV> i'll try tomorrow...

Got it. It is because smtp-send-it uses a multibyte buffer to copy the
encoded 8-bit message from Gnus, which results double-decoded.  Some
workarounds are needed.

--
Shenghuo

* current cvs version is badly BROKEN