* Gmane Goes Live
@ 2002-01-06 12:38 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2002-01-06 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've now set up the Gmane system and hierarcy on Quimby.  I've managed
to get all the info down into a single configuration file, so that I
don't have to edit a gazillion files each time I add a new mailing
list, and I generate the aliases file and newsgroups from that.  Seems
to be working OK.

I guess I won't be putting my repository of messages into the nntp
server.  Seems to dangerous.  What if the server starts sending out
all the messages again to the mailing list?  :-)

* Re: Gmane Goes Live
@ 2002-01-06 13:18 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2002-01-06 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I've now set up the Gmane system and hierarcy on Quimby.  I've managed
> to get all the info down into a single configuration file, so that I
> don't have to edit a gazillion files each time I add a new mailing
> list, and I generate the aliases file and newsgroups from that.  Seems
> to be working OK.

If anybody wants to have other mailing lists on Quimby, just mail me
the address of the list, and the subscription methodology.

* Re: Gmane Goes Live
@ 2002-01-07 15:55   ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2002-01-07 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I've now set up the Gmane system and hierarcy on Quimby.  I've managed
> to get all the info down into a single configuration file, so that I
> don't have to edit a gazillion files each time I add a new mailing
> list, and I generate the aliases file and newsgroups from that.  Seems
> to be working OK.

If anybody wants to have other mailing lists on Quimby, just mail me
the address of the list, and the subscription methodology.

The procmail list may be interesting to quite a few people

Looks like you have to actually go there ... I see no simple
subscribe address

* Re: Gmane Goes Live
@ 2002-01-07 17:39     ` Jason R. Mastaler
From: Jason R. Mastaler @ 2002-01-07 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

% echo subscribe | Mail procmail-request@Lists.RWTH-Aachen.DE

--
(TMDA (http://tmda.sourceforge.net/))
(user-level UCE intrusion prevention)

* Re: Gmane Goes Live
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2002-01-10  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> The procmail list may be interesting to quite a few people

I've now added the procmail mailing list as gmane.mail.procmail.