* html mail crashing emacs
@ 2001-04-04 11:21 Paul Stevenson
From: Paul Stevenson @ 2001-04-04 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
A spam email I received (directed at US homeowners, which I'm not)
causes emacs to quit, that is to say, the emacs binary crashes.  I
know it's probably not gnus' fault, but before I can proceed with a
bug report, i need to be able to manipulate the email without emacs
crashing.   If someone would remind me of the way to view an email
without the w3 redering of the html, I would be grateful.

--
.   Paul Stevenson   .   Research Fellow   .   University of Surrey     .
.     phone: +44 (0) 1483 876795     .     fax +44 (0) 1483 876781      .

* Re: html mail crashing emacs
@ 2001-04-04 12:14 ` Karl Kleinpaste
From: Karl Kleinpaste @ 2001-04-04 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Paul Stevenson <p.stevenson@surrey.ac.uk> writes:
> bug report, i need to be able to manipulate the email without emacs
> crashing.   If someone would remind me of the way to view an email
> without the w3 redering of the html, I would be grateful.

`C-u g'
where `g' is the "get" command for an article in *Summary*, and a
prefix argument tells Gnus to do no special processing at all.

* Re: html mail crashing emacs
@ 2001-04-04 13:33 ` Randal L. Schwartz
From: Randal L. Schwartz @ 2001-04-04 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Paul> Hello,
Paul> A spam email I received (directed at US homeowners, which I'm not)
Paul> causes emacs to quit, that is to say, the emacs binary crashes.  I
Paul> know it's probably not gnus' fault, but before I can proceed with a
Paul> bug report, i need to be able to manipulate the email without emacs
Paul> crashing.   If someone would remind me of the way to view an email
Paul> without the w3 redering of the html, I would be grateful.

Yes, I've been getting that too.  Really annoying to crash when I've
got an IRC session going. :)

* Re: html mail crashing emacs
@ 2001-04-04 16:47   ` Colin Walters
From: Colin Walters @ 2001-04-04 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

merlyn@stonehenge.com (Randal L. Schwartz) writes:

> Yes, I've been getting that too.  Really annoying to crash when I've
> got an IRC session going. :)

I wonder if it's just coincidence that you're both running Emacs 20.3?
Have either of you tried upgrading to 20.7?

* Re: html mail crashing emacs
@ 2001-04-05  9:56     ` Paul Stevenson
From: Paul Stevenson @ 2001-04-05  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

C Walters writes:

> I wonder if it's just coincidence that you're both running Emacs 20.3?
> Have either of you tried upgrading to 20.7?

I was wondering that, which also made me loath to submit a bug report
without upgrading.  I'll try asking the sysadmin to upgrade.