* [REPOST] Scanning of nnimap groups during gnus-group-get-new-news?
@ 2000-05-01 19:11 Lloyd Zusman
From: Lloyd Zusman @ 2000-05-01 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

[ I'm not sure if my original message made it, so I'm reposting.
  Please excuse this post if it happens to be a duplicate for you. ]

Forgive me if this is a FAQ, but due to the high volume in this list,
I only keep the last month or so worth of messages, and I didn't see
anything about this question.

Is there a setting that I can use to force my `nnimap' groups to be
scanned for new mail every time I type the `g' command
(`gnus-group-get-new-news') while in the Group buffer?

No such scanning happens with my seemingly-standard `nnimap' setup
... I have to go into the group itself and type `g'
(`gnus-summary-rescan-group') within the Summary buffer in order for
this rescanning to take place.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz@asfast.com

* Re: [REPOST] Scanning of nnimap groups during gnus-group-get-new-news?
@ 2000-05-01 19:53 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2000-05-01 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Lloyd Zusman <ljz@asfast.com> writes:

> Is there a setting that I can use to force my `nnimap' groups to be
> scanned for new mail every time I type the `g' command
> (`gnus-group-get-new-news') while in the Group buffer?
>
> No such scanning happens with my seemingly-standard `nnimap' setup
> ... I have to go into the group itself and type `g'
> (`gnus-summary-rescan-group') within the Summary buffer in order for
> this rescanning to take place.
>
> Am I missing something obvious?

It probably isn't obvious, but something is missing -- the behaviour
you describe should be the default.

What happens when you press `g'?  Any nnimap related messages in your
*Messages* buffer?  If you evaluate (setq imap-log "*imap-log*") and
press `g', does the *imap-log* buffer look normal (mail the content to
me if you're uncertain)?  If you enter your nnimap server from the
Server buffer, do you get a complete list of mailboxes?  Do the number
of articles number there look sane?