* RFC 2298 reply support
@ 2003-04-19 22:01 Joseph Barillari
From: Joseph Barillari @ 2003-04-19 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.

I know that Gnus supports sending RFC 2298 return-receipt requests
(just invoke C-c M-n to stick a Disposition-Notification-To: header
in the message).

Does Gnus support sending receipts if it receives a message with at
DNT header? As far as I know, my copy of Oort .16 doesn't.

I suspect that, given Gnus's über-compliance with every RFC known to
man, there must be a philosophical reason for it. Or is it just
something that no one has had the time to implement?

Regards,

--Joe

--
Joseph Barillari -- http://barillari.org

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 188 bytes --]

* Re: RFC 2298 reply support
@ 2003-04-19 22:25 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2003-04-19 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Joseph Barillari <jbarilla@princeton.edu> writes:

> Does Gnus support sending receipts if it receives a message with at
> DNT header?

Nope.

> I suspect that, given Gnus's über-compliance with every RFC known to
> man, there must be a philosophical reason for it. Or is it just
> something that no one has had the time to implement?

Receipts are annoying IMHO, I wouldn't even want Gnus default to
asking the user whether to respond, if sending receipts were
implemented.  But it probably wouldn't hurt to have this feature
available, for those who like to enable it.  Send patches! :-)