* nnimap password storage irritation
@ 2000-12-23 16:03 Slawek Zak
From: Slawek Zak @ 2000-12-23 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gnus asks for username and password every time the IMAP server closes
connection. Despite the `yes' answered to `Store password for this
session?'. Can someone fix it (or maybe this is intended behaviour)?

/S

* Re: nnimap password storage irritation
@ 2000-12-23 17:13 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2000-12-23 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Slawek Zak <zaks@prioris.mini.pw.edu.pl> writes:

> Gnus asks for username and password every time the IMAP server closes
> connection. Despite the `yes' answered to `Store password for this
> session?'. Can someone fix it (or maybe this is intended behaviour)?

It should only forget the password if the virtual server is closed (ie
`C' in server buffer), if the IMAP server closes the connection it
should automatically re-open the connection and re-use the
credentials.  Credentials are stored in variables `imap-username' and
`imap-password' inside the " *nnimap* yourservername" buffer.  Could
you see if the variables are properly set in the buffer?

* Re: nnimap password storage irritation
@ 2000-12-24  0:21   ` Slawek Zak
From: Slawek Zak @ 2000-12-24  0:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 23 Dec 2000, Simon Josefsson stated:
> Slawek Zak <zaks@prioris.mini.pw.edu.pl> writes:
>
>> Gnus asks for username and password every time the IMAP server closes
>> connection. Despite the `yes' answered to `Store password for this
>> session?'. Can someone fix it (or maybe this is intended behaviour)?
>
> It should only forget the password if the virtual server is closed (ie
> `C' in server buffer)

Would be great :)

> if the IMAP server closes the connection it should automatically re-open the
> connection and re-use the credentials.  Credentials are stored in variables
> `imap-username' and `imap-password' inside the " *nnimap* yourservername"
> buffer.

I don't have such a buffer when I use IMAP (but I do have "*Summary nnimap....."
buffer when I enter any of imap groups). Here is relevant snippet from my setup:

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
        (nnimap "imap"
		(nnimap-address "<server-name>")
		(nnimap-authenticator cram-md5))
        )

@ 2000-12-24  0:49     ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2000-12-24  0:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Slawek Zak <zaks@prioris.mini.pw.edu.pl> writes:

> > if the IMAP server closes the connection it should automatically
> > re-open the connection and re-use the credentials.  Credentials
> > are stored in variables `imap-username' and `imap-password' inside
> > the " *nnimap* yourservername" buffer.
>
> I don't have such a buffer when I use IMAP (but I do have "*Summary
> nnimap....."  buffer when I enter any of imap groups). Here is
> relevant snippet from my setup:

Note the leading SPC in the buffer name -- there must be a one of
thoose buffers if you're using nnimap.

* Re: nnimap password storage irritation
@ 2000-12-24 13:43       ` Slawek Zak
From: Slawek Zak @ 2000-12-24 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 24 Dec 2000, Simon Josefsson verbalised:
> Note the leading SPC in the buffer name -- there must be a one of
> thoose buffers if you're using nnimap.

Ahh. Sorry. Sure - there is such a buffer and both variables have proper values.

/S