* Missing "%" indicator in group buffer?
@ 2001-12-05 10:52 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-12-05 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Has anyone noticed that some groups appear to have "." marked
articles (unseen) in their summary buffer, but the group buffer does
not show the corresponding "%"?  Or is this just me?

I use nnimap.

kai
--
Simplification good!  Oversimplification bad!  (Larry Wall)

* Re: Missing "%" indicator in group buffer?
@ 2001-12-05 15:13 ` Nevin Kapur
From: Nevin Kapur @ 2001-12-05 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Has anyone noticed that some groups appear to have "." marked
> articles (unseen) in their summary buffer, but the group buffer does
> not show the corresponding "%"?  Or is this just me?
>
> I use nnimap.

I _think_ I see this too, but only occasionally.  Sometimes, an email
lands up in my expiry-target that I don't ever recall seeing.  I
attribute this to the behavior you describe above.

--
Nevin

* Re: Missing "%" indicator in group buffer?
@ 2001-12-05 15:27   ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-12-05 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nevin Kapur <nevin@jhu.edu> writes:

> I _think_ I see this too, but only occasionally.  Sometimes, an email
> lands up in my expiry-target that I don't ever recall seeing.  I
> attribute this to the behavior you describe above.

Note that the message _is_ marked as unread (space), just the "."
secondary mark is missing.  So if you read all unread messages, then
the behavior you see must be something else than what I see.

kai
--

@ 2001-12-05 17:16     ` Nevin Kapur
From: Nevin Kapur @ 2001-12-05 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Nevin Kapur <nevin@jhu.edu> writes:
>
>> I _think_ I see this too, but only occasionally.  Sometimes, an email
>> lands up in my expiry-target that I don't ever recall seeing.  I
>> attribute this to the behavior you describe above.
>
> Note that the message _is_ marked as unread (space), just the "."
> secondary mark is missing.  So if you read all unread messages, then
> the behavior you see must be something else than what I see.

Ah.  I misunderstood.

--
Nevin

* Re: Missing "%" indicator in group buffer?
@ 2001-12-07 14:33 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2001-12-07 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> Has anyone noticed that some groups appear to have "." marked
> articles (unseen) in their summary buffer, but the group buffer does
> not show the corresponding "%"?  Or is this just me?

The "%" mark is unstable, it is determined by the server and it is
reset when the group is closed.  Sometimes Gnus close and re-selects
the mailbox more than one time for weird reasons and then the "%"
information is lost.

If you can debug and find out when Gnus closes the mailbox unnecessary
and optimize that, it would be good.  But perhaps non-trivial.