* nnimap/Gcc header nit - groups with spaces
@ 2000-11-01 17:06 Steven E. Harris
From: Steven E. Harris @ 2000-11-01 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

I recently started using Gnus to read mail on an MS Exchange Server
using IMAP (nnimap). By default, Exchange (or maybe it's Outlook)
establishes a folder called "Sent Items" and uses it as the default
folder for archiving mail. When sending a work-related message out, I
often tell Gnus to save a copy in this "Sent Items" folder by way of
the Gcc header:

> Gcc: nnimap+tenzing:Sent Items

Upon sending, Gnus reports:

> Sending...
> No such function: nntp-request-create-group

I can enclose the Gcc entry in quotes and all works fine:

> Gcc: "nnimap+tenzing:Sent Items"

WIBNI if Gnus or nnimap - whichever is responsible at this point -
could check this group name to see if it needs quoting? Or is the
space separator supposed to be allowed to specify multiple target
groups?

--
Steven E. Harris        :: steven.harris@tenzing.com
Tenzing                 :: http://www.tenzing.com

* Re: nnimap/Gcc header nit - groups with spaces
@ 2000-11-01 20:45 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2000-11-01 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

"Steven E. Harris" <steven.harris@tenzing.com> writes:

> WIBNI if Gnus or nnimap - whichever is responsible at this point -
> could check this group name to see if it needs quoting? Or is the
> space separator supposed to be allowed to specify multiple target
> groups?

Yes.  So `nnimap:sent item' is treated as two mailboxes, "nnimap:sent"
and "item" (on your native server), which explain the nntp related
error.  So I'm not sure Gnus can do anything to improve this
situation.

* Re: nnimap/Gcc header nit - groups with spaces
@ 2000-11-02 10:19 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-11-02 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

You could explicitly include the quotes in the group name:
(setq gnus-outgoing-message-group "\"nnimap+tenzing:Sent Items\"")

Maybe it also works for backslash-escape the space?  I'm not sure.

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.