* strange behavior with nnimap
@ 2000-08-24  7:52 Walter Franzini
From: Walter Franzini @ 2000-08-24  7:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Some day ago I have added nnimap-address to an nnimap server.
Now I observe this stange behavior:

when I start gnus it ask me to log as walter@virtual-server-name,
when I open the server from the Server buffer gnus ask for
walter@nnimap-address.

Is this an expected behavior?

--
Walter Franzini, e-mail: walter@sys-net.it
SysNet, Via Digione 8, 27100 Pavia - Italy

* Re: strange behavior with nnimap
@ 2000-09-08 19:49 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2000-09-08 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Walter Franzini <walter@sys-net.it> writes:

> Some day ago I have added nnimap-address to an nnimap server.

Did you change the server on your existing groups?

If not, you have two nnimap instances connecting to the same server.

(The easiest way for you now would be to unsubscribe all your groups
and resubscribe them on the new server.  Use `G E' to find out what
server the group think it belongs to.)

> Now I observe this stange behavior:
>
> when I start gnus it ask me to log as walter@virtual-server-name,
> when I open the server from the Server buffer gnus ask for
> walter@nnimap-address.
>
> Is this an expected behavior?

Yes.

* Re: strange behavior with nnimap
@ 2000-09-20  7:17   ` Walter Franzini
From: Walter Franzini @ 2000-09-20  7:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Simon Josefsson <simon@josefsson.org> writes:

> Walter Franzini <walter@sys-net.it> writes:
>
> > Some day ago I have added nnimap-address to an nnimap server.
>
> Did you change the server on your existing groups?
>
> If not, you have two nnimap instances connecting to the same server.
>
> (The easiest way for you now would be to unsubscribe all your groups
> and resubscribe them on the new server.  Use `G E' to find out what
> server the group think it belongs to.)

Solved, thanks.