* agent, IMAP and moving messages
@ 2000-07-21 14:33 dme
From: dme @ 2000-07-21 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

For the first time today I'm trying to use the agent.  It seems to
work fine with both nntp and nnimap (modulo some learning on my part
about what should and shouldn't get downloaded).

My only problem (so far !) relates to moving messages from one IMAP
folder to another when unplugged.  When I type `B m' and choose a
destination folder, an error is raised `attempting to select deleted
buffer'.

I use `B m' between folders a lot -- should it work when unplugged ?

dme.

* Re: agent, IMAP and moving messages
@ 2000-07-21 16:17 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2000-07-21 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

dme@dme.org writes:

> My only problem (so far !) relates to moving messages from one IMAP
> folder to another when unplugged.  When I type `B m' and choose a
> destination folder, an error is raised `attempting to select deleted
> buffer'.
>
> I use `B m' between folders a lot -- should it work when unplugged ?

Yes, but it's not available in current Gnus.  I'm working on this, and
other Agent issues wrt disconnected IMAP support. It shouldn't take
too long until I have something that is ready for others to use.

As we don't have OGnus, I'm probably just going to post my patches on
a web page somewhere. Or to the nnimap list (talk to
nnimap-request@josefsson.org). Just so that I don't lose them when my
Agent decides to expire my lisp files. :-)