* Problem with attachment filename.
@ 2001-12-07  7:03 Jinhyok Heo
From: Jinhyok Heo @ 2001-12-07  7:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm using cvs gnus with XEmacs 21.4.5 now.

I don't have any problem with filenames with latin characters, but I
have with Korean characters. I cannot figure out the filenames, so I
have to save it in a latin character filename after renaming them.

I think gnus has some problems with charset of attachments.

Can it be fixed?

--
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------
| "We are still reaching for the sky. In the developed countries people
|  are coming back down, saying, `It's empty up there.'" --- a Ladakhi monk

* Re: Problem with attachment filename.
@ 2001-12-07 14:41 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2001-12-07 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Jinhyok Heo <novembreN0$PAM@ournature.org> writes:

> I'm using cvs gnus with XEmacs 21.4.5 now.
>
> I don't have any problem with filenames with latin characters, but I
> have with Korean characters. I cannot figure out the filenames, so I
> have to save it in a latin character filename after renaming them.
>
> I think gnus has some problems with charset of attachments.
>
> Can it be fixed?

Can you send a example mail (to bugs@gnus.org perhaps)?  What do you
mean you cannot figure out the filename?  Gnus should decode the
filename and offer you to save the attachment using that filename.

(Maybe the problem is that the sender is violating the MIME RFC's and
sends the filename using 8bit, QP or something instead of RFC 2231.)