* Questions on ognus-0.07
@ 2002-08-07 11:03 Peter Weiss, Sun Microsystems, Germany
From: Peter Weiss, Sun Microsystems, Germany @ 2002-08-07 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

    yesterday I managed to upgrade from Emacs21.1 gnus v5.9.0 to Oort Gnus
    v0.07.  A couple of questions/ problems arise:

    o Opening my old nnmbox file reveals an error:

        Reading active file from emsend via nnmbox...
        Opening nnmbox server on emsend...done
        nnmbox-record-active-article: Article Sun-MCC:1 already exists!
        Mark set

      the relevant line in the nnmbox file looks like

      BTW: How are messages delimted in a nnmbox file? It seems a bit
      corrupted now cause messages aren't split correctly, maybe I need to
      fix this manually.

    o When starting Gnus there a bunch of nnfolder+archive that are
      empty. They can be deleted by C-k but allways reappear on every
      startup.

    o Imap Access over SSL:

      Is there a way to retrieve an imap box with client X.509
      authentification over a local ssl connection tunneled through https?

      I've tried the following:

        (nnimap "Class"
                (nnimap-address "localhost")
                (nnimap-server-port 9993)
                (nnimap-stream ssl))

      But I only get the error message:

      Reading active file from Class via nnimap...
      Opening nnimap server on Class...
      Denied server
      Opening nnimap server on Class...failed

      According to

        http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/emacs-devel/2002-February/005386.html

      that google retrieved I guess this is planned for Emacs21.3 using
      GnuTLS lib. So chances are bad?

    o nnvirtual Group:

      I made a new nnvirtual group composed of two nnml groups. When getting
      new mail gnus thinks there are 48 new messages in the nnvirtual, but there
      aren't. Both subgroups report 0 messages and after entering/ exiting
      the nnvirtual group gnus is convinced that there aren't any messages.

    o nndraft: Is there a way to save buffer-local variables as fill-prefix
      as well?

    So far, maybe more to come...

    Regards -- Peter
--