* [REPOST] nnimap no longer responds to gnus-group-get-new-news
@ 2002-02-14  3:22 Lloyd Zusman
From: Lloyd Zusman @ 2002-02-14  3:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

[ I apologize for this repost, if any of you have seen this already.
  This never came back to me after I posted it the first time.  ]

I'm running a fairly recent CVS of Oort inside of XEmacs 21.4.6 under
RedHat Linux 7.2

It seems that my gnus no longer fetches new messages in my nnimap group
when I issue a `gnus-group-get-new-news' command.  The only time gnus
retrieves new nnimap messages is when I exit gnus and XEmacs, and then
restart them again.

I forgot how to tell nnimap to produce a trace; otherwise, I would have
used such a trace to debug on my own before posting this.

Could someone remind me how to turn on nnimap tracing?  Or perhaps is
this nnimap problem something for which there's a known fix?

Thanks in advance.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz@asfast.com

* Re: [REPOST] nnimap no longer responds to gnus-group-get-new-news
@ 2002-02-14  3:39 ` Nevin Kapur
From: Nevin Kapur @ 2002-02-14  3:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Lloyd Zusman

Lloyd Zusman <ljz@asfast.com> writes:

> I forgot how to tell nnimap to produce a trace; otherwise, I would have
> used such a trace to debug on my own before posting this.
>
> Could someone remind me how to turn on nnimap tracing?

Have a look at the variable imap-log.

--
Nevin

* Re: [REPOST] nnimap no longer responds to gnus-group-get-new-news
@ 2002-02-14 11:27 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2002-02-14 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Lloyd Zusman <ljz@asfast.com> writes:

> I'm running a fairly recent CVS of Oort inside of XEmacs 21.4.6 under
> RedHat Linux 7.2
>
> It seems that my gnus no longer fetches new messages in my nnimap group
> when I issue a `gnus-group-get-new-news' command.  The only time gnus
> retrieves new nnimap messages is when I exit gnus and XEmacs, and then
> restart them again.

Does 3 g, 4 g or similar help?  Can you pinpoint the change in the CVS?

> I forgot how to tell nnimap to produce a trace; otherwise, I would have
> used such a trace to debug on my own before posting this.

See `imap-log' and `nnimap-debug'.