* Stuff I stumbeled over while writing Gnus-FAQ
@ 2002-12-31  1:29 Frank Schmitt
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Frank Schmitt @ 2002-12-31  1:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello

I'm just in the process of writing a new Gnus-Faq (don't hold your
breath, I need some more days before I am ready for publishing a first
draft) and I stumbeled about some things, maybe somebody can help me
there:

Is the following sentence still valid?
-->--
   Gnus 5.8.x requires an emacs version that is greater
   than or equal to Emacs 20.x or XEmacs 20.x.
-->--

There's often the question "How to prevent Gnus from deleting the Mail
on the server it retrieves from my Pop3-server", there's no
functionality for this in any version of Gnus, so people have to use
either something like fetchmail, or the pop3.el from XEmacs mail-lib,
correct? And this pop3.el doesn't work with Gnu Emacs, correct too?

Do I remember correctly that there's no chance of specifying an other
browser than w3 for rendering html-mail in 5.8.8?

Is there any solution better than marking all messages and moving them
to the group they were already in before for the "Gnus' estimation of
total articles in Group is to high" problem?

If you want to tick a message you say !, wouldn't it be nice if C-u !
removed the tick mark?

I know that Oort has an variable which makes Gnus ask you for
confirmation when replying in a newsgroup. Is this in 5.8.8, too?

Is there anybody out there using aspell together with flyspell and
ispell.el? Where does configuration compared to ispell differ? Is it
enough to set ispell-program-name to aspell?

--
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them