* CVS oort: nnimap hook screwed!
@ 2002-09-27  6:10 clemens fischer
From: clemens fischer @ 2002-09-27  6:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

i have no IMAP served groups and no related hooks (see below).  just
upgraded to the latest CVS version.  this is what happens:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function nnimap-fixup-unread-after-getting-new-news)
  nnimap-fixup-unread-after-getting-new-news()
  run-hooks(gnus-setup-news-hook)
  apply(run-hooks gnus-setup-news-hook)
  gnus-run-hooks(gnus-setup-news-hook)
  byte-code("\b„\x0e
  gnus-1(nil nil nil)
  gnus(nil)
* call-interactively(gnus)
  execute-extended-command(nil)
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command)

don't tell me i got an additional gnus-1 running, i did it to get that
trace, and it changed nothing in its outward appearance, more so in my
mood.  wouldn't it be called sloppy to test any changes on the
assumption that everybody (even everybody else!) uses IMAP?

i "painted over" this with a dummy nnimap-fixup-unread-after-getting-
new-news function returning ye ole true value.  which i'd rather scrap
the sooner the better, because one of these days i might want IMAP for
real.

clemens

* Re: CVS oort: nnimap hook screwed!
@ 2002-09-27  8:05 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2002-09-27  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

clemens fischer <ino@despammed.com> writes:

> i have no IMAP served groups and no related hooks (see below).  just
> upgraded to the latest CVS version.  this is what happens:
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function nnimap-fixup-unread-after-getting-new-news)
>   nnimap-fixup-unread-after-getting-new-news()

Should be fixed now, sorry.  You may want to load gnus-load.el in
.emacs to get proper autoload cookies for Oort.

* Re: CVS oort: nnimap hook screwed!
@ 2002-09-28 13:41   ` Clemens Fischer
From: Clemens Fischer @ 2002-09-28 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

>>   nnimap-fixup-unread-after-getting-new-news()
>
> Should be fixed now, sorry.  You may want to load gnus-load.el in
> .emacs to get proper autoload cookies for Oort.

yes!  works now, thanks.  i put `(load "gnus-load.el")' into my
emacs.  this file contains the autoload-cookies you mention, but why
is this important?  did the backtrace tell you something making this
neccessary?

@ 2002-09-28 21:04     ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2002-09-28 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Clemens Fischer <ino@despammed.com> writes:

> Simon Josefsson <jas@extundo.com> writes:
>
>>>   nnimap-fixup-unread-after-getting-new-news()
>>
>> Should be fixed now, sorry.  You may want to load gnus-load.el in
>> .emacs to get proper autoload cookies for Oort.
>
> yes!  works now, thanks.  i put `(load "gnus-load.el")' into my
> emacs.  this file contains the autoload-cookies you mention, but why
> is this important?  did the backtrace tell you something making this
> neccessary?

The function that the backtrace complained about was autoloaded in
that file earlier, so the backtrace shouldn't have occured.  The
function is moved into Gnus now, so it doesn't even have to be
autoloaded.  But it is a good idea to load gnus-load if you run Oort
anyway.