* Gnus v5.8.3: serious fun with nnml
@ 2000-02-04 17:26 Teppo Peltonen
From: Teppo Peltonen @ 2000-02-04 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=NIL, Size: 1038 bytes --]

Hello,

Here is something that happened to me on Gnus v5.8.3 with GNU Emacs
20.4.1 (i386-*-nt4.0.1381).

This is very funny:

1. Enter an nnml group with no unread articles.
2. Move to the second last article and press u.
3. Exit and re-enter the group with three articles. Now only the
   marked article is visible.
4. Press P N N. The third last article is on the top and the last
article next. The marked article is on the bottom. The cursor moves to
the article on the top.
5. Hit R. The article on the top is quoted, as expected, but the To:
and Subject: fields of the reply message are taken from the article on
the *second* row!

Of course, I noticed the faulty To: field something like 10 ms after
hitting C-c-c ;-(. Luckily, this time no-one got hurt. However, had
been the previos message I sent... ;-)

Otherwise, gnus is great! Have a nice day.

Teppo

-
This luxurious fabric has been specially developed to give a soft,
smooth touch and an excellent drape. Irregularities are a feature of
the delicate finishing process.

* Re: Gnus v5.8.3: serious fun with nnml
@ 2000-04-20 23:41 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2000-04-20 23:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Teppo Peltonen <tpeltone@alpha.hut.fi> writes:

> 1. Enter an nnml group with no unread articles.
> 2. Move to the second last article and press u.
> 3. Exit and re-enter the group with three articles. Now only the
>    marked article is visible.
> 4. Press P N N. The third last article is on the top and the last
> article next. The marked article is on the bottom. The cursor moves to
> the article on the top.
> 5. Hit R. The article on the top is quoted, as expected, but the To:
> and Subject: fields of the reply message are taken from the article on
> the *second* row!

Hm.  I seem to remember a similary bug report a few months back, and I
think this got fixed.  I seem to be unable to reproduce it, at least.
Has the bug gone away?