* nnfolder active
@ 1996-02-29 21:23 David K}gedal
From: David K}gedal @ 1996-02-29 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have lost my active file for my nnfolders by mistake. This is not a
big problem, becase the files are still on the disk, and the groups
are still in my Gnus, it's just that most of them appear with a * in
the unread article count.

It seems like the group is "rediscovered" when I get a new mail that
is split into that group, which makes the group available again, but
sith all messages unread.

I wonder if someone has any creative ideas for reactivating all my
groups again. One way is of course to edit the active file by hand,
but I'd rather not do that.

Maybe Gnus should be able to discover that it needs to rectify a group
when I try to enter it, instead of just saying "No such group"?

--
David Kågedal     Lysator Academic Computer Society       davidk@lysator.liu.se
http://www.lysator.liu.se/~davidk/                              +46-13 17 65 89

* Re: nnfolder active
@ 1996-02-29 21:42 ` David K}gedal
From: David K}gedal @ 1996-02-29 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

I discovered that, while it rectifies my nnfolder groups, it places
the new messages last, but with an article number of 1, which is not
so good.