* ./configure: check for makeinfo version?
@ 2002-06-11  9:09 Colin Marquardt
From: Colin Marquardt @ 2002-06-11  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

when I run 'make' on my nightly Gnus snapshots, always get the
following:

,----
| if test "xmakeinfo" != "xno" ; then \
|   makeinfo -I . -o gnus gnus.texi; \
| else \
|   rm -f gnus; \
|   emacs -batch -q -no-site-file -l ./infohack.el -f batch-makeinfo gnus.texi; \
| fi
| Making info file `gnus' from `gnus.texi'.
| gnus.texi:2687: Unknown command `anchor'.
| gnus.texi:2687: Misplaced {.
| gnus.texi:2687: Misplaced }.
| makeinfo: Removing output file `gnus' due to errors; use --force to preserve.
| make: *** [gnus] Error 2
`----

This is most likely due to an old makeinfo version:

,----
| $ makeinfo --version
| makeinfo (GNU texinfo 3.12) 1.68
| Copyright (C) 1998 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
| [...]
`----

Can configure(.in) be changed so that it checks for a the makeinfo
version? The fallback using infohack.el works fine.

Cheers,
  Colin

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-06-11  9:09 UTC | newest]