* Can someone make printing work, please?
@ 2003-02-08  2:22 Jack Twilley
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Jack Twilley @ 2003-02-08  2:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Re: Can someone make printing work, please?
@ 2003-02-08  8:55 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2003-02-08  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jack Twilley <jmt+usenet@twilley.org> writes:

> I haven't ever gotten printing to work in the years I've used Gnus.
>
> I'm using a relatively recent CVS version.  It's complaining about not
> being able to load "ps-mule".  I have ps-print installed, but ps-mule
> isn't, because I didn't build XEmacs with MULE support.

What is the exact error message?  M-x toggle-debug-on-error RET and
send the backtrace.  Gnus doesn't contain the string "ps-mule" so my
guess would be that this isn't a Gnus problem.

* Re: Can someone make printing work, please?
@ 2003-02-08 15:24 ` Bill White
From: Bill White @ 2003-02-08 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri Feb 07 2003 at 20:22, Jack Twilley <jmt+usenet@twilley.org> said:

> I haven't ever gotten printing to work in the years I've used Gnus.
>
> I'm using a relatively recent CVS version.  It's complaining about
> not being able to load "ps-mule".  I have ps-print installed, but
> ps-mule isn't, because I didn't build XEmacs with MULE support.
>
> Isn't there some other way to print without requiring MULE?  This is
> really frustrating.

Let a2ps do all the work - I do `|' in the Summary buffer to run the
shell script "print":

,----[ ~/print ]
| a2ps -=mail -Psuperduper -s tumble -Mletter
`----

Cheers -

bw
--
Bill White . billw@wolfram.com . http://members.wri.com/billw
"No ma'am, we're musicians."

* Re: Can someone make printing work, please?
@ 2003-02-12 13:05 ` Colin Marquardt
From: Colin Marquardt @ 2003-02-12 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jack Twilley <jmt+usenet@twilley.org> writes:

> I haven't ever gotten printing to work in the years I've used Gnus.
>
> I'm using a relatively recent CVS version.  It's complaining about not
> being able to load "ps-mule".  I have ps-print installed, but ps-mule
> isn't, because I didn't build XEmacs with MULE support.
>
> Isn't there some other way to print without requiring MULE?  This is
> really frustrating.

This would probably be a bug in ps-print. Maybe check if it is gone
with a newer version (http://www.cpqd.com.br/~vinicius/emacs/).

The nice thing is that ps-print has a "Gnus mode" where it prints the
Article buffer even when you call it from the Summary buffer (which
helps people like myself that have printed dozens of meaningless
Summary buffers before).

HTH,
  Colin