* Not checking a server
@ 1997-06-12  8:13 Hrvoje Niksic
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 1997-06-12  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

How do I make a server *not* to be opened when I press `g'?  Currently
I have an `archive' server with the following specifications (as
obtained by `e' in server buffer):

(nnfolder "archive"
	  (nnfolder-inhibit-expiry t)
	  (nnfolder-active-file "~/Mail/archive/active")
	  (nnfolder-directory "~/Mail/archive")
	  (nnfolder-get-new-mail nil))

I thought `nnfolder-get-new-mail' was supposed to take care of that?
However, whenever I press `g' in the group buffer, one of the messages
is "Opening nnfolder server on archive".  Furthermore, number of
articles is always correct on my archive groups, instead of having an
asterisk.

Both archive groups are on level 5, if it means anything.

--
Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> | Student at FER Zagreb, Croatia
--------------------------------+--------------------------------

* Re: Not checking a server
@ 1997-06-17 15:43 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-06-17 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> writes:

> How do I make a server *not* to be opened when I press `g'?  Currently
> I have an `archive' server with the following specifications (as
> obtained by `e' in server buffer):
>
> (nnfolder "archive"
> 	  (nnfolder-inhibit-expiry t)
> 	  (nnfolder-active-file "~/Mail/archive/active")
> 	  (nnfolder-directory "~/Mail/archive")
> 	  (nnfolder-get-new-mail nil))
>
> I thought `nnfolder-get-new-mail' was supposed to take care of that?

No, that just inhibits fetching new mail.

> However, whenever I press `g' in the group buffer, one of the messages
> is "Opening nnfolder server on archive".  Furthermore, number of
> articles is always correct on my archive groups, instead of having an
> asterisk.

Well, why don't you want those groups to have the correct numbers of
articles?

* Re: Not checking a server
@ 1997-06-17 23:15   ` Hrvoje Niksic
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 1997-06-17 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > However, whenever I press `g' in the group buffer, one of the messages
> > is "Opening nnfolder server on archive".  Furthermore, number of
> > articles is always correct on my archive groups, instead of having an
> > asterisk.
>
> Well, why don't you want those groups to have the correct numbers of
> articles?

I don't want `g' to lose time checking them up.

--
Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> | Student at FER Zagreb, Croatia
--------------------------------+--------------------------------
Unspeakable horrors from outer space paralyze the living and
resurrect the dead!

* Re: Not checking a server
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-06-18 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> writes:

> > Well, why don't you want those groups to have the correct numbers of
> > articles?
>
> I don't want `g' to lose time checking them up.

`g' will just request the nnfolder active file.  Should take less than
0.001 seconds.