* Message faces
@ 1997-11-10  8:17 Hrvoje Niksic
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 1997-11-10  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have finally succumbed the temptation, and started using XEmacs with
a dark background (in fact, a dark background pixmap.)  I noticed that
some of the message faces are totally unreadable on dark backgrounds
-- specifically `message-separator-face' and
`message-header-other-face'.

Now, I am aware of the standard explanation that they (especially
message-separator-face') are dark so they don't draw your attention,
etc. but too much is too much.  The `--text follows this line--'
string *is* here to be read, after all.

In the spirit of other faces, I've set the foreground color of
`message-header-other-face' to "#b00000", and `message-separator-face'
to "blue3".  They are still sufficiently dark, but not totally
unreadable.  How about changing the defaults?

Comments?

--
Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> | Student at FER Zagreb, Croatia
--------------------------------+--------------------------------

* Re: Message faces
@ 1997-11-13 21:29 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-11-13 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> writes:

> In the spirit of other faces, I've set the foreground color of
> `message-header-other-face' to "#b00000", and `message-separator-face'
> to "blue3".  They are still sufficiently dark, but not totally
> unreadable.  How about changing the defaults?

I've now changed the defaults in Quassia 0.14.

* Re: message faces
@ 1997-03-07 23:13 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-03-07 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

John Palmieri <palmieri@math.mit.edu> writes:

> I get error messages like, "Symbol's value as variable is void:
> message-header-to-face".

Yup.  Fixed in Gnus v5.4.22.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen

* message faces
@ 1997-03-07 17:03 John Palmieri
From: John Palmieri @ 1997-03-07 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just downloaded and compiled gnus-5.4.21 (which I'm using with GNU
Emacs 19.34), and I am having problems with fontification of message
buffers; in particular, these buffers are not getting fontified at
all.  I get error messages like, "Symbol's value as variable is void:
message-header-to-face".  I notice that message-header-to-face is a
new addition to message.el; is there some simple patch to make this
thing (and the other message-header-*-face variables) work?  All of my
outgoing mail looks so drab and boring right now, I'm hesitant to
actually send anything...  (In fact, when I hit C-c C-c to send this,
I get the same error, and as far as I can tell, no message gets sent.
I have to switch to mail-mode to actually send the damn thing.)

--
John H. Palmieri
Department of Mathematics, M.I.T.