* new version of nndb (0.17)
@ 1997-09-24 15:42 David Blacka
From: David Blacka @ 1997-09-24 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

For anybody who is using nndb, I have released a new version, mostly
bug fixes.  I would recommend an upgrade, as the previous version did
some minor mail mutilation. Get it at
<http://www.rwhois.net/davidb/nndb-0.17.tar.gz>

notable changes include:

* fixed bug that would allow Mail::Header to fold long email header
  lines when storing messages.  This would lead to strange behavior
  with MIME messages and X-Face headers.

* added option to set the update time for an article (used in expiry)
  to the date/time contained in the email message.

For those of you who don't know what nndb is, it is an NNTP server
implementation with extensions written in perl5 that is intended to be
used as a speedy backend for gnus.

I haven't switch to Qgnus yet, so I have no idea if the nndb.el module
works with it.

If anyone has trouble getting nndb, send me email and I will try to
make it available using other means.

--
David Blacka              Software Engineer        Product Development/
davidb@rwhois.net         Network Solutions, Inc.  Directory Services

only message in thread, other threads:[~1997-09-24 15:42 UTC | newest]