* So, is anyone in new york next week?
@ 1999-12-11 20:16 William M. Perry
From: William M. Perry @ 1999-12-11 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

For The Bazaar?  I'm going to be there the whole week (sun - fri), so if
anyone wants to get dinner or knows of any place to get good guinness,
speak up. :)

-Bill P.

* Re: So, is anyone in new york next week?
@ 1999-12-13 10:58 ` Shaun Lipscombe
From: Shaun Lipscombe @ 1999-12-13 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

* "William" == William M Perry <wmperry@aventail.com> writes:

 William> For The Bazaar?  I'm going to be there the whole week (sun -
 William> fri), so if anyone wants to get dinner or knows of any place
 William> to get good guinness, speak up. :)

Good Guinness in the US?  Does such a thing exist?  When I went (West
Coast) I couldn't find *any* good beer.  When I went to Belgium last
week they had, like, the strongest beer I had ever tasted.  More like
pints of port.

Regards,

Shaun

--
          (o_
(o_  (o_  //\

* Re: So, is anyone in new york next week?
@ 1999-12-14  3:59   ` Rajappa Iyer
From: Rajappa Iyer @ 1999-12-14  3:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Shaun Lipscombe <shaun.lipscombe@gasops.co.uk> writes:

> * "William" == William M Perry <wmperry@aventail.com> writes:
>
>  William> For The Bazaar?  I'm going to be there the whole week (sun -
>  William> fri), so if anyone wants to get dinner or knows of any place
>  William> to get good guinness, speak up. :)
>
> Good Guinness in the US?  Does such a thing exist?  When I went (West
> Coast) I couldn't find *any* good beer.  When I went to Belgium last
> week they had, like, the strongest beer I had ever tasted.  More like
> pints of port.

I'll agree about the general quality of beers available in most
watering holes in the left coast.  As far as Guinness goes, I've never
been to Ireland, so I really have no personal basis for comparison,
but one of my drinking buddies is a Brit and he thinks that there are
several bars in NYC that serve up decent pints of Guinness
(e.g. Fitzgerald's on 3rd Ave at approximately 25th st.)  Belgian
beers are currently very popular in New York at least and there are
several wonderful bars still unspoilt by the Time Out NY hordes.  Also
excellent English beers (including hand drawn ales) to be found in
NYC.

http://www.nycbeer.org

--
<rajappa@mindspring.com> a.k.a. Rajappa Iyer.		New York, New York.
	We're too busy mopping the floor to turn off the faucet.

* Re: So, is anyone in new york next week?
@ 1999-12-14  8:11   ` Jaap-Henk Hoepman
From: Jaap-Henk Hoepman @ 1999-12-14  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 13 Dec 1999 10:58:03 +0000 Shaun Lipscombe <shaun.lipscombe@gasops.co.uk> writes:
> * "William" == William M Perry <wmperry@aventail.com> writes:
>
>  William> For The Bazaar?  I'm going to be there the whole week (sun -
>  William> fri), so if anyone wants to get dinner or knows of any place
>  William> to get good guinness, speak up. :)
>
> Good Guinness in the US?  Does such a thing exist?  When I went (West
> Coast) I couldn't find *any* good beer.  When I went to Belgium last
> week they had, like, the strongest beer I had ever tasted.  More like
> pints of port.

Ah, a Duvel... yes, cheers!

BTW, apparently Belgian beers are very fashionable in New York these
days. Might want to go for that instead - I've never liked the export Guinness
anyway.

Jaap-Henk

--
Jaap-Henk Hoepman             | Come sail your ships around me
Dept. of Computer Science     | And burn these bridges down

* Re: So, is anyone in new york next week?
@ 1999-12-14 10:26     ` Shaun Lipscombe
From: Shaun Lipscombe @ 1999-12-14 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

* "Rajappa" == Rajappa Iyer <rajappa@mindspring.com> writes:

 > I'll agree about the general quality of beers available in most
 > watering holes in the left coast.  As far as Guinness goes, I've
 > never been to Ireland, so I really have no personal basis for
 > comparison, but one of my drinking buddies is a Brit and he thinks
 > that there are several bars in NYC that serve up decent pints of
 > Guinness (e.g. Fitzgerald's on 3rd Ave at approximately 25th st.)
 > Belgian beers are currently very popular in New York at least and
 > there are several wonderful bars still unspoilt by the Time Out NY
 > hordes.  Also excellent English beers (including hand drawn ales)
 > to be found in NYC.

 > http://www.nycbeer.org

Cool.  I haven't been to the right coast, so maybe i'll pop down at
xmas sometime...... if I can get away from work :(

Regards,

Shaun