From: Jorge Godoy <godoy@conectiva.com>
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Verifying GPGP signed messages: mailcrypt bug or Gnus configuration problem?
Date: 21 Nov 2000 21:06:11 -0200	[thread overview]

On 21 Nov 2000, zsh@cs.rochester.edu wrote:
> Jorge Godoy <godoy@conectiva.com> writes:
>
> [...]
>
>> Is there any way to tell Gnus to always use ISO-8859-1 for messages
>> it don't receive any other encoding instruction?
>
> Gnus verifies the QP encoded text. It doesn't matter what the
> charset is. Do the MTAs munge the content-transfer-encoding?

No, they don't. For my MTA, I can get messages with diacriticals that
I've written to myself (they go out from my MTA to Conectiva's MTA and
comes back to me, passing through my MTA again).

The MTAs involved with messages (and that I'm sure have 8 bit support
enabled) are: Postfix, exim, sendmail and qmail.

See you,
--
Godoy. <godoy@conectiva.com>

Departamento de Publicações       Conectiva S.A.
Publishing Department             Conectiva Inc.