* Bug in Wide Reply?
@ 2003-02-10 17:07 Chris Green
From: Chris Green @ 2003-02-10 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm currently using Oort Gnus v0.15 on
XEmacs 21.4 (patch 12) "Portable Code" [Lucid] (i686-pc-linux)
of Tue Feb  4 2003 on radon.sourcefire.com

I get several messages of this form

From: Jennifer Steffens <jennifer.steffens@sourcefire.com>
Subject: etc....
To: Brian Caswell <bmc@gandalf.sourcefire.com>,      Chris Green <cmg@sourcefire.com>
CC: Kristi Burgess <kristi.burgess@sourcefire.com>

When I do a

S W, S V, or F,

The resultant buffer starts out with:

To: Jennifer Steffens <jennifer.steffens@sourcefire.com>
Cc: Brian Caswell <bmc@gandalf.sourcefire.com>

and Poor old Kristi is left from the rest of the headers.  I don't
know when exactly this bug started and It's starting to really annoy
me when I miss someone on a reply.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I'm having trouble tracing out what functions actually snag what
headers from the yank article which I presume is passed to the
gnus-summary-reply article.  What function Grabs the Cc and To
headers?
--
Chris Green <cmg@sourcefire.com>

* Re: Bug in Wide Reply?
@ 2003-02-10 17:45 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2003-02-10 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Feb 10 2003, Chris Green wrote:

> From: Jennifer Steffens <jennifer.steffens@sourcefire.com>
> Subject: etc....
> To: Brian Caswell <bmc@gandalf.sourcefire.com>,      Chris Green
> <cmg@sourcefire.com>
> CC: Kristi Burgess <kristi.burgess@sourcefire.com>
>
> When I do a
>
> S W, S V, or F,
>
> The resultant buffer starts out with:
>
> To: Jennifer Steffens <jennifer.steffens@sourcefire.com>
> Cc: Brian Caswell <bmc@gandalf.sourcefire.com>
>
> and Poor old Kristi is left from the rest of the headers.

Works for me.  `f' gives me:

,----
| To: Jennifer Steffens <jennifer.steffens@sourcefire.com>
| Cc: Brian Caswell <bmc@gandalf.sourcefire.com>,
| 	  Chris Green <cmg@sourcefire.com>,
| 	  Kristi Burgess <kristi.burgess@sourcefire.com>
| Subject: Re: etc....
`----

What is the value of `message-dont-reply-to-names'?

,----[ C-h v message-dont-reply-to-names RET ]
| message-dont-reply-to-names's value is [...]
|
| Documentation:
| *A regexp specifying addresses to prune when doing wide replies.
| A value of nil means exclude your own user name only.
|
| You can customize this variable.
|
| Defined in `message'.
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Bug in Wide Reply?
@ 2003-02-10 19:07   ` Chris Green
From: Chris Green @ 2003-02-10 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Reiner Steib <4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de> writes:

> Works for me.  `f' gives me:
>
> | message-dont-reply-to-names's value is [...]

You are right.  I had a bad .* cmg@.*\.sourcefire.com was matching
cmg@... Kristie.burgess.

Thanks,
Chris
--
Chris Green <cmg@sourcefire.com>
A watched process never cores.

* Re: Bug in Wide Reply?
@ 2003-02-12 14:28     ` Lőrentey Károly
From: Lőrentey Károly @ 2003-02-12 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Chris Green <cmg@sourcefire.com> writes:
> Reiner Steib <4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de> writes:
>
>> Works for me.  `f' gives me:
>>
>> | message-dont-reply-to-names's value is [...]
>
> You are right.  I had a bad .* cmg@.*\.sourcefire.com was matching
> cmg@... Kristie.burgess.

This unexpected behaviour is caused by a bug in rmail-dont-reply-to.
It is fixed in CVS Emacs.

--
Károly Lőrentey