From: Lloyd Zusman <ljz@asfast.com>
Subject: Solved! (Was: Unable to access nndraft:drafts in recent version of Gnus)
Date: 03 Oct 2000 23:32:16 -0400	[thread overview]

> On 02 Oct 2000, Lloyd Zusman wrote:
>
> > And remember, this worked just fine for around a year, and only with
> > recent CVS downloads did I start having the problem I was reporting.
>
> Strange.  Still works fine for me.  Most recent lisp/ChangeLog entry:

Problem solved!

It turns out that the file permissions of the *.elc files were getting
set wrong for the version of gnus that I download from CVS and then
test.  I do this as a different user ID than the one that gnus
normally runs under, and the umask caused the *.elc files to be
unreadable by the other user ID where I run gnus.

I fixed the script in which I wrap my cvs download and build steps,
and now everything works fine.

As it turns out, the suggestion of a few days ago about no byte
compilation actually was pointing to the cause of my problem, after
all.

Thanks to all of you who took the time to try to help me solve this
mystery.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz@asfast.com