* Recommended way to force a posted article into drafts?
@ 2000-05-08  0:11 Lloyd Zusman
From: Lloyd Zusman @ 2000-05-08  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm using the latest (or near-latest) CVS version of gnus.

In certain newsgroups, I want to be able to review and revise all of
my articles before they actually get posted.  In these special groups,
I map `\C-c \C-c' to my special function for deferring the post.  What
this function does is to simply force the article into my `drafts'
folder. `\C-c \C-c' remains mapped to `message-send-and-exit' in all
the other groups (including `drafts').

My question is this: is the following function the recommended method
for forcing an article into `drafts'?  (this is a stripped-down version
of my actual function, showing only the essentials):

  (my-defer-posting ()
    (save-article)
    (kill-buffer (current-buffer)))

This seems to work just fine and is consistent with how drafts work in
general ... but just in case, I want to double-check in case there's
something special that I should do in addition to this or instead of
this.

Thanks in advance.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz@asfast.com

* Re: Recommended way to force a posted article into drafts?
@ 2000-05-08  0:21 ` Shenghuo ZHU
From: Shenghuo ZHU @ 2000-05-08  0:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lloyd> I'm using the latest (or near-latest) CVS version of gnus.  In
Lloyd> certain newsgroups, I want to be able to review and revise all
Lloyd> of my articles before they actually get posted.  In these
Lloyd> special groups, I map `\C-c \C-c' to my special function for
Lloyd> deferring the post.  What this function does is to simply force
Lloyd> the article into my `drafts' folder. `\C-c \C-c' remains mapped
Lloyd> to `message-send-and-exit' in all the other groups (including
Lloyd> `drafts').

[...]

Why not simply map C-c C-c to message-dont-send ?

--
Shenghuo

* Re: Recommended way to force a posted article into drafts?
@ 2000-05-08  0:34   ` Lloyd Zusman
From: Lloyd Zusman @ 2000-05-08  0:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Shenghuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> writes:

> [...]
>
> Why not simply map C-c C-c to message-dont-send ?

Aha!  I *knew* there must be a better way!

Thank you very much.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz@asfast.com