* 0.32 Topics - mangled newsgroup defs
@ 1996-02-02 16:16 Albrecht Kadlec
From: Albrecht Kadlec @ 1996-02-02 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

I set up topic mode.
After some fiddling I found that some groups were duplicated.
Deleting one of these always deletes the other too, insertion or new
subscription brings them both back.

a G E on these groups br

I quit and restarted and gnus barfed.

my gnus-newsrc-alist contained:
(# ("misc.consumers.house" 0 20
  (face custom-face-yellow-default-default-t-t-nil))
  3
  ((1 . 101776))
  ((expirable))
)

and

(# ("sci.engr.heat-vent-ac" 0 21 (face
custom-face-yellow-default-default-t-t-nil)) 3  ....

I edited out the # and gnus barfed:
Wrong type argument: stringp, ("sci.engr.heat-vent-ac" 0 21 (face
custom-face-yellow-default-default-t-t-nil))

looks like a mouse-button face definiton (? I've never done anything with
them)

now I shortened this to "sci.engr.heat-vent-ac" (in -topic-alist there was
the garbled entry followed by a normal one - I deleted the garbled one)
and it worked.

my fault? - can't remember if I cut & pasted this stuff
	  - might have been fontified
sgnus bug ? ???
emacs bug ? - not removing fontification when cut/pasting

cheers,
albrecht

Topics are way cool.

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-02-02 16:16 UTC | newest]