* "Bounce" (redirect) a message?
@ 2015-04-28 13:16 Peter Davis
From: Peter Davis @ 2015-04-28 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Mutt has a feature allowing you to "bounce" a message (i.e., redirect it
to another address). It simply prompts for the address to bounce to, and
does it. The other address receives the message as if it had been sent
there originally ... original timestamps, no forwards, etc.

Is there a way to do this with gnus?

--
----
Peter Davis

* Re: "Bounce" (redirect) a message?
@ 2015-04-28 13:34 ` Peder O. Klingenberg
From: Peder O. Klingenberg @ 2015-04-28 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Tue, Apr 28 2015 at 09:16, Peter Davis wrote:

> Is there a way to do this with gnus?

I use "S D r" (gnus-summary-resend-message) for this.

...Peder...
--
I wish a new life awaited _me_ in some off-world colony.

* Re: "Bounce" (redirect) a message?
@ 2015-04-28 13:44 ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2015-04-28 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Davis; +Cc: ding

Peter Davis <pfd@pfdstudio.com> writes:

> Mutt has a feature allowing you to "bounce" a message (i.e., redirect it
> to another address). It simply prompts for the address to bounce to, and
> does it. The other address receives the message as if it had been sent
> there originally ... original timestamps, no forwards, etc.
>
> Is there a way to do this with gnus?

S D r runs the command gnus-summary-resend-message, which is an
interactive autoloaded compiled Lisp function in `gnus-msg.el'.

It is bound to S D r, <menu-bar> <Post> <Resend message>.

(gnus-summary-resend-message ADDRESS N)

Resend the current article to ADDRESS.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, schwab@linux-m68k.org

* Re: "Bounce" (redirect) a message?
@ 2015-04-28 13:50   ` Peter Davis
From: Peter Davis @ 2015-04-28 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peder O. Klingenberg; +Cc: ding

peder@news.klingenberg.no (Peder O. Klingenberg) writes:

> On Tue, Apr 28 2015 at 09:16, Peter Davis wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to do this with gnus?
>
> I use "S D r" (gnus-summary-resend-message) for this.

Thanks, Peder.

This looks pretty close, but the description says the 'To:' header is
not altered. I'm not sure if that breaks anything like 'reply', but I'll
try it out.

Thank you.

-pd

--
----

@ 2015-04-28 13:55   ` Peter Davis
From: Peter Davis @ 2015-04-28 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Schwab; +Cc: ding

Andreas Schwab <schwab@linux-m68k.org> writes:

> Peter Davis <pfd@pfdstudio.com> writes:
>
>> Mutt has a feature allowing you to "bounce" a message (i.e., redirect it
>> to another address). It simply prompts for the address to bounce to, and
>> does it. The other address receives the message as if it had been sent
>> there originally ... original timestamps, no forwards, etc.
>>
>> Is there a way to do this with gnus?
>
> S D r runs the command gnus-summary-resend-message, which is an
> interactive autoloaded compiled Lisp function in `gnus-msg.el'.
>
> It is bound to S D r, <menu-bar> <Post> <Resend message>.
>
> (gnus-summary-resend-message ADDRESS N)
>
> Resend the current article to ADDRESS.
>
> Andreas.

Thanks, Andreas (and Peder). I did an experiement, and it looks like
this will do exactly what I need.

Thank you!

-pd

--
----

@ 2015-04-28 15:21     ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2015-04-28 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Tue, Apr 28 2015, Peter Davis wrote:

> This looks pretty close, but the description says the 'To:' header is
> not altered. I'm not sure if that breaks anything like 'reply', but I'll
> try it out.

If you want to change the "To:" (or anything else), then "S D e".

--
           Peter

* Re: "Bounce" (redirect) a message?
@ 2015-04-28 15:39       ` Peter Davis
From: Peter Davis @ 2015-04-28 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Münster; +Cc: ding

Peter Münster <pmlists@free.fr> writes:

> On Tue, Apr 28 2015, Peter Davis wrote:
>
>> This looks pretty close, but the description says the 'To:' header is
>> not altered. I'm not sure if that breaks anything like 'reply', but I'll
>> try it out.
>
> If you want to change the "To:" (or anything else), then "S D e".

Very cool. Thank you!

-pd

--
----